• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 getting slow

Norton 360, version 20.4.0.40, up to date definitions On win7 Home Premium 64-bit,

Norton getting slower to load.

desk top icons appear in 51sec then i have to  up to 15-20seconds for Norton 360 to complete loading.

Even when the norton icon appears in the sytem tray I can't right-click for the menu for 20 sec.

I was going to use NRnR.exe last night but when I downloaded it, I could not move it from the browser

to desktop.

Now I can't even find it.

s.reg

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 getting slow

Norton 360, version 20.4.0.40, up to date definitions On win7 Home Premium 64-bit,

Norton getting slower to load.

desk top icons appear in 51sec then i have to  up to 15-20seconds for Norton 360 to complete loading.

Even when the norton icon appears in the sytem tray I can't right-click for the menu for 20 sec.

I was going to use NRnR.exe last night but when I downloaded it, I could not move it from the browser

to desktop.

Now I can't even find it.

s.reg

Kudos0

Hi soft1reg

You might like to try setting boot time protection to aggressive, then click apply, click ok, close all programmes and restart the computer.

ATB

intesec

Kudos0

that didn't help at all added about 10-15 more sconds

Kudos0

Try clearing your Windows temp files.

Also, delete all files in Windows\Prefetch.

Restart your computer and the Prefetch files will be recreated as needed. This restart may take even longer as the files are created.

Restart again and see how long things take.

One other thought, how much free space do you have on your C drive?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

cleared temp files

delete prefetch

C:  56Gb used and 64 Gb free

my X3  reboots timed-out at about the same 1:25 beforeI I could get Norton menu in the System Tray

Icons show up at :51 seconds.

A couple of days ago I noticed that my quick scans(not reputation) stop at around 5000+ files.

Use to be 10000+. It stops counting around 5000+ then it ends  and shows 10000+.

s.reg

Kudos0

Hi soft1reg Have you or have you ever had any other security software including any trial security software on the computer including Norton? If so what is it? Can you check in windows add/remove programmes, programme data and programme files for any security software that may have been bundled in a download? Do you have any on demand security scanners on the computer? The Norton scan will skip files that it has checked if there has been no use or change of the files, what can cause the total files to be scanned is the length of time from the previous scan or an update to the virus definitions but not always the case. ATB intesec
Kudos0

I just reinstall everything in the last month or so (win 7).

it was normal a few days ago.

Kudos0

Hi soft1reg

Computers come with free trial security software preinstalled if when you say reinstall everything you mean back to factory settings than that security software would be back on the computer and needs to be removed. 

Uninstalling using windows.

Restart the computer.

The removal tool that is available from the security software’s main website.

Restart the computer.

ATB

intesec

Kudos0

soft1reg wrote:

cleared temp files

delete prefetch

C:  56Gb used and 64 Gb free

my X3  reboots timed-out at about the same 1:25 beforeI I could get Norton menu in the System Tray

Icons show up at :51 seconds.

A couple of days ago I noticed that my quick scans(not reputation) stop at around 5000+ files.

Use to be 10000+. It stops counting around 5000+ then it ends  and shows 10000+.

s.reg

After resetting the prefetch folders, the first couple of reboots can take longer. How many reboots have you done since clearing the Prefetch folder?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.