• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 has started slowing me down!!

Hi,

Been using Norton 360 for a while, no issues.  Then a couple days ago, things got slow, the bug with the norton item in the taskbar with a window that looks like an I beam showing up.   This message is about the slowness!!  OMG!  I'm going to have to uninstall if this doesn't get fixed soon.   I moved away from Bitdefender when their 2019 version did the same thing.   My builds are slow!   My VM is slow!  So take my OpenWatcom builds which used to zoom across the IDE, now it's tick, tick tick at about .5 sec each.   My Linux builds in the VM, forget-about-it, it takes an hour now!!   VS2017, builds slowed down as well.  Come on guys, performance is key.    Using i7, 16g, on Win10 X64 for Workstations. Already rebooted several times.

Also, how do I exclude an entire drive, all the source and lib and obj are on an encrypted drive container in a drive letter, I want to exclude that entire drive from any scanning.  How do I do that?

TIA!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 has started slowing me down!!

Do you have the VPN turned on? Try running with it turned off to see if that makes any difference.

The item showing in Taskbar may be related. When that gets fixed the performance may go back to normal.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

No, VPN is not on.

The container is on a network share (Gib network).

Yeah, hopefully the two are related and will be fixed.

Kudos0

A fix for the taskbar item should be available any time now. Try running LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

See this post from yesterday by employee Sunil_GA   https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8202061#comment-8202061

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.