This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 for iPhone iOS15 either looing or ...

I have (had) Norton 360 Mobile installe on my iPhone X / iOS15.

When I was now on holidays abroad - hotel unsecured internet available Norton would have been handy. It seemd to work with iOS 14. Now with iOS15.01 it was hanging, blocking internet. Starting Norton would show nice start picture. The solution seemed to be - restart iPhone. At the end I decided to delete Norton 360 Mobile App, upgraded to iOS15.02 and now I cannnot even download this app. 

Have anybody experienced similar problems?

PS At the moment I have a feeling that Norton chat = support is sorry if I say so - waste of time? I hope to be proved  wromg 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 for iPhone iOS15 either looing or ...

I have an iPhone 6S and just updated to iOS 15.02. I uninstalled my 360 and then went back to the Apple App Store app and searched for Norton 360 and then was able to install 360.

Are you seeing any error when you try to download the app?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for your help. The "solution" here was the same as when Norton was hanging and blocking internet. Reboot iPhone. Now it downloaded and installed Norton, but it can't be that you have to reboot iPhone every time. So something is wrong somewhere but for this time - it is done and running ...for now.

Kudos0

Thanks for posting back.

What may be happening is something in Norton getting muddled when the OS is getting updated. I know the device gets a full restart when the OS is updated, but maybe it requires a second restart to completely reset all apps. 

I have no way of knowing is it is something that may happen on the newer devices. I have to wait till next year before I will be upgrading from my 6S. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I suspect it is a Norton bug. Now it is hanging again. When I start it is showing the picture of a hiker or climber and that's it. The solution... is again to reboot iPhone. Crap!

Kudos0

I have a newish iPhone 12 mini and installed Norton 360 on it just about 3weeks ago. I started to have Internet connection issues where it would occasionally connect then freeze me out. I’ve tried toggling mobile data on and off which sometimes seemed to correct the problem briefly. Also tried numerous full restarts which seemed to work sometimes. Frustrated I contacted my internet provider thinking it was a network problem as the phone connected ok via my home Wi-Fi . Vodafone spent a lot of time and patience having me go through many settings and testing at their end of things to no avail. They then suggested I put my sim ina different phone and check internet connection again. Connection was perfect. Solution for iPhone was to delete Norton app. Now works perfectly.