• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 Premier - Delete old backup sets

I am running a dual boot system Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Both systems have become somewhat overcrowded and need reinstalling.

Reinstalling Windows 10, using the option to retain “my” data worked OK. Reinstalling Norton 360 Premier also went fine except the message “You are running short of online storage…..” starting to appear.  Because I do not backup large folders of Pictures, Music Films or Videos just Office type folders this message must have been incorrect, (Still 9.6 GB available). Tried re-starting and re-booting a few times with no success.

Uninstalled Norton software and reinstalled; message did not appear again.

As part of refreshing the system I want to reorganise the hard drive to set the partitions to be more in line with my current work. Therefore the “old” backup sets will not reflect my present configuration and need deleting.

Trying to delete the old backup set failed, with the message “you must have at least one backup set”. 

Tried creating a new backup set but this also failed with message “Could not run due to maintenance being performed on your online backup account”

SURALLY THERE MUST BE A SIMPLE METHOD TO DELETE OUT OF DATE BACKUP SETS

Any help or assistance would be muck appreciated

Bondy100

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Premier - Delete old backup sets

I would like to be able to SEE what has been stored on line so I can delete old backed up files on the cloud that I no longer need.  I cannot see how I can do this. I am NOT wanting to just buy more storage ! 

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Premier - Delete old backup sets

bondy100

The “Could not run due to maintenance being performed on your online backup account” has been reported here in other threads. You need to contact Norton Support about this issue.    www.norton.com/contactcs

AnikoPapp

When logged into a Windows Admin account, open Windows Explorer and click on This PC in the left pane. You should see an icon in the right pane for Norton Backup Drive. Double click on that and your backed up files and folders should be displayed. Right clicking on a file or folder should allow you to delete unneeded items.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.