• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 Premium II upgrade email

I received an email for a "free" Norton 360 Premium II upgrade today. When I took the steps to accept the upgrade I received the following error message: "Unfortunately, we cannot continue with this transaction. Our records show that your subscription is not eligible for this offer (subscription doesn't expire until 9/2019). If you have any questions, please contact our Support team at 1844-xxx-xxxx." I wanted to check in the forum ti verify if this upgrade email is "official" or a phishing attempt?! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Premium II upgrade email

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

The E-Mail clearly appears to be "legitimate," however, the downloaded Norton 360 Premium II upgrade also appears to be NOT SUPPORTED by Norton.  That is, there is NO mention, anywhere, on the official Norton/Symantec website, of Norton 360 Premium II.  This is curious, because clearly Norton/Symantec has engaged in a mass email advertising campaign to push out a product that is named, in the email, Norton 360 Premium II. Furthermore, any Customer Support queries regarding said product, is woefully inadequate, as the CS reps do not appear to even know about this product.  

Having downloaded and installed Norton 360 Premium II, I have found this product to be quite buggy; that is, features such as SECURE VPN, for example, do NOT work.  Furthermore, the supposed CS 24/7 reps are improperly trained and/or ill-informed about this product (Norton 360 Premium II) and keep switching users all around their system trying to get someone who may know how to mitigate issues with the product.  Additionally, it is NOT ACCEPTABLE to have any REMOTE CONNECTION be necessary to troubleshoot problems;  said method is NOT SECURE, and violates basic privacy.

The only alternative, once having installed this product and if you are in the United States, is to file formal complaints via your State Attorney General's Office.  In California, there is a good way to file such complaints online, and the CA State Attorney General's Office will send out a letter of complaint to Norton/Symantec Corp, and follow up with the user/complainant, in a timely manner.

As a long-time user of Norton products, I therefore at present, quite disgustedly, very strongly advise AGAINST downloading and installing the product identified in an official Norton email, Norton 360 Premium II.

Kudos0

Kudos0

There was a small blog announcement for this NEW product offering. Unfortunately there was not much information in it, but it was noted as a Beta Test.   https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/have-...

Also, unfortunate is the fact that when you get the offer, it is not noted as a beta test. So Norton is trying to convince their users to upgrade to the new offerings, without telling them they are beta testers.  

Kudos0

I wasn't able to download the "free" upgrade due to various error messages/issues! It sounds like a great deal but unfortunately it doesn't download for me! I have it on my PC & tablets & the upgrade doesn't work on any of them! I tried using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge & Firefox on the PC & none of them worked. I contacted Norton Support & they provided several suggestions but none of them worked! I left it with them that I'll wait for my Norton to renew later this year & hope that any bugs are worked out by then!

Kudos0

Are you in the US? As noted in my link above...

A small group of users in the U.S

This has to do with legal issues when beta testing is done.

Kudos0

Yes I'm in the U.S.!

Kudos0

I wasn't able to download the "free" upgrade due to various error messages/issues!

Can you give us the error messages/issues? That would help us understand what might be happening?

Kudos0

Good evening and thanks for looking into this I appreciate it!

The first error message when I went through the upgrade process and was this error message: "Unfortunately, we cannot continue with this transaction. Our records show that your subscription is not eligible for this offer. If you have any questions, please contact our Support team at  ###"

When I tried completing the "free" upgrade email using Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Using Microsoft Edge I got this error message: This site is not secure. Using Chrome I got this error message: This site can't provide a secure connection. Using Firefox I got this error message: Your connection is not secure.

When I tried using my hotspot to access per Norton's suggestion I got this error message: Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I'm running the upgrade through my PC and there is no other virus software active on the PC.

Thanks and have a great evening!

Kudos0

btw ~ I can see part of your email address in pdf

Davedarlene:

[..] "Unfortunately, we cannot continue with this transaction. Our records show that your subscription is not eligible for this offer. If you have any questions, please contact our Support team at 1-844-346-3614."

LifeLock answers at that number.  

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.