• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 problem AFTER upgrade Windows Explorer XP

Good Morning,

I have upgraded all three of my computers from Norton 360 to the latest free upgrade to Norton 360 2.

Two of my computers are Windows XP Home, one is Windows Vista Home.

The two Windows XP Home computers now are exhibiting the same problem. I have walked through with Tech Support with them even taking over my computer to try to work through for a solution. They experienced the same problem, but, did not come up with a solution yet. They have uploaded their diagnosis to themselves from my computer and are working on the problem.

I am hoping that perhaps one of you kind people have had the same problem, but, are able to offer a solution. Perhaps beating (not physically!   ) the Symantec Support staff.

Opening Windows Explorer, clicking on a folder, then selecting any file, after right-clicking on the file, I get a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Clicking on "Debug" does not fix the problem. After clicking on "Don't Send" the Explorer windows closes.

The exact same thing happens to both XP computers, but, not the Vista computer.

I will appreciate any help resolving this problem.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 problem AFTER upgrade Windows Explorer XP

hi yomanjm - this one has come before the forums before. in previous cases, it was related to an application called PowerDesk, specifically version 7. here's the thread with the goodies:

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=other&message.id=456&query.id=5270#M456

if you don't have PD7, do you have some other 3rd party file manager application or another application that makes entries into the Context menu?

mel

Message Edited by MelodicWynd on 04-29-2008 05:10 PM [edit: fixed link.]
Message Edited by Allen_K on 06-06-2008 12:03 AM
Kudos0

Greetings, Mel,

Thank you for the quick reply. The link is exactly what I was looking for.

I had PowerDesk 5 on my wife's computer and version 6 on mine. On the Vista computer I had neither. Explains, perhaps, why the Vista computer did not have this problem.

As far as the suggestions for editing the registry, neither solution worked. I had to uninstall the entire program from both computers.

The problem is resolved.

However, now all I have to do is resolve why the compter is so slow now. But, I have seen help on that subject.

Thank you again for being so kind and taking the time. You were a very big help!

Joe

Kudos0

hi Joe - glad to help. if you continue to experience problems with slowness, please post back :)

mel

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.