• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 - Received more then 500 emails for blogs I did not register...

I have Norton 360.   Today I started receiving email confirmations saying it was confirmation for newsletter, blog, email list that I had registered for which I had not.   I received over 500.   Some say respond to this email but others are just say thank you for registering.   I have attached pdf showing a few of them.

Then this afternoon, I went on Amazon and it said my password did not work.  I reintered and it went to old Amazon account.   I called them and in checking on email confirmation for item I ordered this morning, I saw order confirmation for item I had not ordered.   Gave them order number and they had already flagged it as suspecious.   

Could there me connection between these 2 events?   Has anyone else received mass amount of emais regarding confirmation of sites  you did not register with.

Thanks

Marilyn

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 - Received more then 500 emails for blogs I did not register...

Do you use the same password for different accounts, such as both your email and Amazon accounts?

Kudos0

No I use different passwords for my accounts.   

I have gone through 1422 emails and put them into spam folder.  I don't know if that will do anything but seemed better then just deleting 

Kudos0

Now I am starting to get Cancelation emails.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Wow, that is all very strange.  I've never heard of anything like that before.  My guess would be that someone is just spoofing your email address when registering on these sites.  But I have no idea why there would be so many registrations.  I would certainly keep a close eye on your other accounts for any suspicious activity, though.

Kudos0

I haveny either.   There was also multiple languages.  I recognized German, Arabic, Russian Chinese and other ones I did not know,  

Kudos0

Hello

See if you can change your IP. It almost sounds like your identity perhaps has been stolen. I would notify your banks and credit cards and change accounts. Hope I haven't frightened you !?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Identity thieves do not normally subscribe people to hundreds of frivolous things that send confirmation emails to the victim.  That would be a bit counter-productive.  Out of an abundance of caution, I would certainly monitor my financial and online accounts closely, but I'm not sure it is time to start issuing fraud alerts just yet.

I assume the Amazon account may have been compromised and you would certainly want to make sure that other online accounts were not also hijacked.  And if the fraudulent Amazon purchase used a credit card number you keep on file with Amazon, then yes, you would want to change that card.

Kudos0

Hello

I would want to suggest someone go the extra 9 yards and have more of a chance to be safe by notifying the fraud depts. of the various credit cards and banks. We both expressed different opinions which is fine to do. It's very odd to receive all these emails in different languages. If one account has been compromised, there exists the possibility that other accounts may have been also.. I just wouldn't want to wait and see if something is going to go wrong if I can do something to prevent it from going wrong. The name may have been sold to various lists of names. I'm not going to try and think of how a criminal might think.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.