• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 to Security Premium

Currently running 360 on microsft 10, expires in 2 days. After stopping the rip off of an overcharge for the renewal, it is cheaper to upgrade to premium. After I DL, before installing prem, do I remove the 360?,,I thought I read somewhere to click an update on the new premium and it will override the current 360...What is the best method?

Also, I DO NOT want to lose my Norton Vault, as this stores many passwords I use and need.

Any suggestions? Or best method..

Thanks.....

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 to Security Premium

As long as your current 360 is working with no problems, I would suggest just running  the installer for the new Norton Security Premium. That will take care of uninstalling the old 360. Be sure you choose the option to save settings, and do NOT accept the invitation for the Identity Safe. Do not worry. Your Identity Safe should remain intact, even if you currently still use a local vault. But, just in case, be sure you have a backup of your ID Safe vault in case something goes wrong.

Be sure you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

This is the method I used when I did the upgrade.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

If you have a Local vault, read this link and save a copy of IDDstor2.dat (this is the Local vault) just incase something goes wrong.

http://community.norton.com/en/forums/retaining-your-local-vault

Jim

Kudos0

As peterweb suggested, be sure to make a backup of your ID Safe Data - in both .csv and .dat format.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.