This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 Settings Only Opens Once or Twice Then Restart Required to Open Settings Again

I have Norton 360 on three PCs: Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit. In all three, if I open Norton 360 and click on Settings to disable LiveUpdate for an hour, it works. But if I try to open Settings again, Settings will not open after the first or second time. I must restart my PCs to get Settings open again. This is clearly a BUG. Reinstallation does not help and Norton AutoFix finds no problems. OUgrad

EDIT - This has been a BUG for at least the past year.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Settings Only Opens Once or Twice Then Restart Required to Open Settings Again

Have you opened a Support Case?
Have you reproduced your "Settings issue" for Support?

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Settings Only Opens Once or Twice Then Restart Required to Open Settings Again

No in both cases. My only "official" support options were chat or phone which I avoid if possible. Is there an email or some other option? OUgrad

EDIT - I don't understand what you mean by "Have you reproduced your "Settings issue" for Support?" As I stated above, nothing happens - ongoing for a year through several Product Updates of course.

Kudos0

There is Twitter or Facebook. Norton has not used email for support for many years now.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

OUgrad:

EDIT - I don't understand what you mean by "Have you reproduced your "Settings issue" for Support?" As I stated above, nothing happens - ongoing for a year through several Product Updates of course.

Support may want a remote session to observe, as you report, before escalating. 
~ at this time....I cannot reproduce, as you report. 
~ call Settings -> Close Settings = 10 times okay. 

Kudos0

Thanks, but I don't have Twitter or Facebook Accounts unless not required. Is there a link I can try? OUgrad

Kudos0

Kudos0

It may be unique to disabling LiveUpdate for 1 hour as I do above, my only use of Settings. I have the same problem on WIFI and dial-up Internet.

EDIT - After clicking Settings, I always use the Settings short cuts on the right side with boxes to deselect/select. OUgrad

Kudos1 Stats

I had a similar issue with the settings as you.

It turned out that at least in that version it made a difference when I closed settings whether I used the "close" box or the "x" in the upper right hand corner. I assumed it was a minor bug and with the current version EAP I have I no longer have that problem.

Kudos0

Thanks. Which should I try for now, the close button? My Version is 22.21.6.51. I don't know what the "current version EAP" is. OUgrad

Kudos0

Thanks for the links. I'll go there next and report back. OUgrad

Kudos0

If I remember correctly when I used the close button I was able to reopen settings. When I used the x I was unable to open settings unless I did a restart.

My Version is also 22.21.6.51 but what is confusing to me is that several times when I did a manual update I had program changes that needed me to apply a patch but the version number stayed the same. So my advice is to manually run LiveUpdate several times and apply any patches restarting even if not told to do so.

Kudos0

Facebook requires an account, so no help there. Twitter has links that take me back here for support. If I could login, maybe I could get a Norton Support person. Thanks anyway. For now I'm trying the suggestion above to click on Close instead of the X. So far, so good. Norton needs to provide direct email Support for those like me still on dialup Internet. We are many.  Library WIFI is an option, but not convenient. This discussion is using my dialup. OUgrad

Kudos0

"My Version is also 22.21.6.51 but what is confusing to me is that several times when I did a manual update I had program changes that needed me to apply a patch but the version number stayed the same."

I previously did the same as you above with the same confusion. I always run LiveUpdate manually and repeat it often to confirm there is nothing more. So far, so good with your Close button suggestion. Thanks, OUgrad

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.