• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 Support - Don't seem to work

On my Lenovo Laptop running Window10 OS, I am getting a Spyware & Unwanted software protection message despite having ran Norton 360 full PC scan. 

When I click open the Spyware message, a new window open with following options. 

Turn on Windows Defender

Turn on and update Norton 360 

Find an app on line to help protect your PC. 

My Norton 360 is on and upto-date. 

In order not to risk, I open Norton Help Center for support and click Support tap. The program automatically runs Autofix and state it is not able to detect any fault and displays a box stating open support Web Site. I click that Box but nothing happens. So I close this window and again go to Norton Help Center. I click feedback. Still nothing happens. 

How is one suppose to get to help desk and and seek help???

In the past, I never has problems to chat with Norton Help desk to resolve an issue/concern. Just because Norton's  "Autofix" states that it has not found and issues, this does no mean that a user has no issues ..... and it wrong for Norton to not enable its user to chat with its support team.  

Its Sad and Norton does not resolve this issue, I will stop licensing Norton 360 product.   

Labels: Adware

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Support - Don't seem to work

How is one suppose to get to help desk and and seek help???

please try > Chat with Official Norton Support   ---- Call Official Norton Support 

Kudos0

"please try > Chat with Official Norton Support   ---- Call Official Norton Support

Said like a true Company Man.  Come on, dude.  Have you ever tried that?  I'd like you to 'make up' a scenario, then test their "support" responses and excuses and pure BS.  They will put the problem right back in your lap, and try to make you think that YOU are the idiot who caused the problem.  Just 8 hours ago, their ID Safe server borked on me while I was making a new PW. [Ask me how I know that.  I dare you.] Guess where I'm at now?  Sitting here with no access to all 250 PWs.  You don't know how angry I am.  And you now what?  It's ALL MY FAULT for trusting Norton.  I knew better and I LET them do it to me.  Man, I'm to old and sick for this crap!  Norton, you guys are destroying people.  There ought to be a law against this kind of stuff.  What happened to the "Truth in Advertising" laws?  Why don't they apply to the 'software giants"?  Oh, I know ... $$$.  I think that I'm through paying for Norton to make my life more miserable than it already is.  I'll have to sleep on it ... if I can sleep.  Thanks Norton, for making my life a living hell.  You used to be a good company, I remember ... but it's just a memory.  [stop laughing] - Art

BTW, thanks for the help that you could give. 

Words of Wisdom: ["THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS"] - Grandparents [There has never been an original thought.] - Someone, I'm sure [I've spent my whole life 'polishing turds'] - Me
Kudos0

hi User02478

A few weeks ago when Windows 10 was updated to Threshold2 and Norton released an update to 22.5.5.14 there was a problem where the Windows Action Centre would report as you state.

Norton have tested the situation and said that it does not affect the protection provided by Norton just the way the Action Centre reports. This should have been fixed by an update by Microsoft which fixed a problem in Windows where settings were set back to default and the release of Norton version 22.5.5.15.

Please check that your version of N360 is 22.5.5.15 which is in the process of being issued to all users in a phased manner. If you have yet to receive this version run Live Update manually a few times when it should download.

Windows Fast Start-up can be a problem with other software including Norton which if you had previously turned off was returned to on after the Threshold 2 update. You may wish to turn Fast Start-up off.

In recent months I have found a complete shutdown of any computer is helpful rather than a restart.

Michael

Kudos0

Thx for your prompt response. 

I have now updated my N360 to version 22.5.5.15. and just want to know that my computer is protected against unwanted malware etc. 

Here is what I have in Settings, section Update and Security, Window defender Tab: Real time protection, Cloud Protection and sample submission are turn on. Version info is Antimalware client Version 4.8.10240.16384. 

When I click use Windows Defender, I get following message: "this app has been turn off and is not monitoring your computer." If you are using another app to check for malicious or unwanted software, use security and maintenance to check that apps status. 

How do I know N360 is protecting my computer against malware ....etc.

BTW: I am still not able to connect with Norton help desk via chat ...... as reported previously. So I dont know what version 22.5.5.15 has fixed. Just anxious. 

Kudos0

...So I dont know what version 22.5.5.15 has fixed. Just anxious. 

Hi user02478,

This Product Update Announcement should give you the information you are looking for.

EDIT: If you subscribe the Product Update Announcements blog (click Options at the top left side then Subscribe this Blog) you will receive an email notification as soon as there is a new post.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

hi User02478

I found a number of months ago when upgrading to Windows 10 there was a similar situation with Windows reporting that Spyware and Firewall programs were not active. When I checked in Settings>Update & Security>Windows Defender the settings for WD were as you have found, greyed out and not able to be changed. In this case the Windows Action Centre reported that Norton was working and managing Spyware and Firewall functions. I understand this is normal.

Being a bit fussy I did not like this, for various reasons I had to reinstall Norton and took the opportunity to turn off the WD settings before installing Norton. On my computers WD is shown as being turned off. The settings need to be turned off in reverse order as turning off the top setting "Real-time protection" greys out the remaining ones before being able to turn them off. This is just personal preference, Windows will warn if Norton is turned off or removed to give the opportunity to restart WD.

I still had the problem the subject of your original post which was solved with Norton v 22.5.5.15.

I have just tried to connect with Online Chat which is working for me, it may be a local problem for your area, if you want to try again you can do so by clicking on the link below:

Norton Support  

Michael

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.