• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Norton 360 tool bar does not appear on firefox 3.0.5

i have firefox 3.0.5 and Norton 360 v2 installed. Norton tool bar does not appear on my firefox (but on IE7 it is there) please help me

[edit: Removed email address per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]Message Edited by shannons on 02-05-2009 07:58 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 tool bar does not appear on firefox 3.0.5

i have firefox 3.0.5 and Norton 360 v2 installed. Norton tool bar does not appear on my firefox (but on IE7 it is there) please help me

[edit: Removed email address per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]Message Edited by shannons on 02-05-2009 07:58 AM
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Check whether the Norton toolbar is enabled in Firefox.

1. Start Firefox.

2. Click View > Toolbars.

3. Make sure that Show Norton Toolbar is checked.

Also, right-click a blank area on the top taskbar and click Customize, you will find the icons for those Add-Ons there. Simply click them one at a time and while holding down the left-click button, drag the icon to where you want it on the taskbar. Also while you are viewing your Add-ons, click the Update button at the bottom to download any updates compatible with Firefox 3.

Kudos0

after updating NOTON 360 it is solved

Thank U

Kudos0

I am having a similar issue. When I go to firefox, it will show the Norton 360 v2 toolbar randomly. It always shows up in IE though. I have went to the Tools >> Add-ons and looked for the Norton toolbar, but it did not show up, it never shows up, even if it shows up in the toolbar. On another user account I can usually get it to work, alot more usual than on my and we are both the admins. Pisses me off because that is where I put some of the passwords, but I cant even get there most of the time, thus having to use IE which I hate. Lately, its been showing up less and less though, and I have the neweset FireFox as of today, 3.0.6 but still the same. I have also checked for upgrades to my Norton 360 software and looks like its all up to date.
Kudos0

Hi derpaderpa,

While you wait for a response from the other forum members, I would recommend that you contact our technical support team for immediate assistance. You can connect to a Symantec support representative in an online chat session through the "One Click Support" feature.

Here is how you can contact them.

1. Click Help & Support in the right hand top corner of the product UI.

2. Select One Click Support.

When the support page is successfully loaded, follow the on-screen instructions to get access to a support agent. You can also click here to contact the technical support team. Please let us know how it goes. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us in the forum.

Thanks,

TomV

Norton Forums Moderator

Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

Hello derpaderpa,

I don't personally have a good fix for you. I did wish to share the fact that I checked my Tools >> Add-ons area in Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6 on my XP Home sp2 system and Norton is not listed in any of the sections (Extensions, Themes, Plug-ins) and I have no problem with it displaying on the toolbar. So I am ASSUMING that Norton is not designed to show up in the Add-on area (if it shows up on the systems that it does work for you, I stand corrected).

I don't believe the option in N360 Main Menu Window >> Settings, under quick controls "Identity Safe" is designed to display/not display in a browser but I would check to make sure that this is checked on.

If you need to get to your password you can open the N360 Main Menu Window >> Identity Protection >> Manage Identity Safe Profile, click on Manage Log-ins and do quick launches from there to utilize the stored passwords. If you want leave this window open (if your computer is in an environment you trust) and just call the window back up each time you need to use another stored password. (If you already know this I apologise, I do not know the amount of time that you have used 360 V2).

I am wondering, if on the frequent occasions that Identity Safe does not show up in the Toolbar I assume that it does not ask you to log-in to Identity Safe (if you have a password setup) when you are at a website where the password is saved in Identity Safe?

Please take care,

Mumford68

Kudos0

Also, if this is an ongoing problem for you, you may wish to start a new thread as this one has been marked as having a solution and may not get the same traffic as a new thread that does not have a solution.

Take care,

Mumford68

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.