• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

norton 360 unable to remove antimalware doctor /virus

Hi,

yesterday, i got this sypware and i did run Norton Antivirus couple of times but this think is comming up. Can you please help me, it very urgent. i am worried about all my data. :( :((

i tried couple of sites but no help. let me know if any updates are avilable for this. and any more informaiton needed form my end.

regards

Abhijeet

Replies

Kudos0

Re: norton 360 unable to remove antimalware doctor /virus

Hi,

yesterday, i got this sypware and i did run Norton Antivirus couple of times but this think is comming up. Can you please help me, it very urgent. i am worried about all my data. :( :((

i tried couple of sites but no help. let me know if any updates are avilable for this. and any more informaiton needed form my end.

regards

Abhijeet

Kudos0

Hi abhijeetraje

First you should ensure that your data is backed up. Secondly try the instructions at the following web location to remove.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antimalware-doctor

Once it is done then scan your system with both Norton and Malwarebytes free version to ensure your system is clean.

I will ask for this thread to be moved to the correct forum - Norton 360 but a link will be placed here so that you can find the new location.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

This suggest me to install some third party sw. Is Norton not able to remove this?

regards

Abhijeet

Kudos0

abhijeetraje wrote:

This suggest me to install some third party sw. Is Norton not able to remove this?

regards

Abhijeet

From your post it seems that Norton 360 is/was unable to remove this from your system. The web location indicated gives instructions on how to remove this from your system. Malwarebytes (free version) is safe to install and use and is good as a second AV scanner.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

This is so bizarre, the antivirus for which i have paid is not able to remove the spyware but a freeware is able to :P

Kudos0

I understand your surprise but no AV product will detect /remove 100% of malware. However, if you follow the instructions then that should resolve your issue.

Kudos0

How do you know you got Spyware?

Kudos0

snipes1988 wrote:

How do you know you got Spyware?

Rogues  / fake AV's are easily seen as they are not hidden and a lot of them actually state the name of the Rogue in the UI. Due to the fact they show themselves, sometimes take up the desktop, Most people can see what is popping up on the screen.

Compared to the likes of rootkits, some trojans and worms.

Quads 

Kudos0

Message and its replies are moved to the thread of its own for better exposure

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.