• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 using over 30Mb/s! Please help!

PLEASE HELP ME I AM THIS CLOSE TO SMASHING MY COMPUTER WITH RAGE! I am a gamer with a 64 bit windows 10 computer. Recently my computer has been going very, VERY, slowly. I checked my task manager, only to see Norton with 30Mb/s of my disk at use! My Norton 360 subscription expired recently, so is this some stupid technique to get me to pay another 50 bucks for another year? I don't have a job yet! This is the worst my computer has ever been! I have bbeen using your product for many years not! I would give you more specs on my computer, but my computer is so slow it takes 5 minutes to open up the start menu now!

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Norton 360 using over 30Mb/s! Please help!

If your subscription has expired, Norton should be automatically disabled, and your system would be unprotected.  Is the Norton icon in the notification area showing a red X?  The amount of space taken up by the program on the hard drive would not be relevant to the performance issue you are seeing (if you meant RAM, 30MB would not be extremely high, either).  Given the information you have provided, it would not be unreasonable to consider the possibility that your protection had lapsed, your system became infected, and malware may be causing the slow performance problem.

Kudos0

Ok, my computer is running faster (or it stopped getting slower, it would spike in disk for around an hour, then return for a bit.) so I am now able to give you guys my computer specs. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40 GHz RAM: 8.00 GB (7.87 usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor Operating System: Windows 10 (Originally windows 8) Bought: Around Christmas 2012

Kudos0

Hello

If your Security Program has elapsed, I would suggest getting some security program on your computer. I do know that Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are turned on in the mean time.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.