• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 v1.3x LU Running Too Frequently

Can anyone tell me how to change the frequency of LiveUpdate initiating?  It seems to be starting every hour, and firing off about 10 Liveupdateproxy.exe sessions.  The result is TERRIBLE computer performance during these periods.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 v1.3x LU Running Too Frequently

Hi Dongeo,

Not sure if this will work, but have a look in your Control Panel for the Symantec LiveUpdate applet.  Theres an "Automatic LiveUpdate" tab.  It defaults to once every 240 mins.  I think you'll be able to decrease the frequency in there, with the obvious caveat that the less frequently it runs, the more time you might be exposed to a threat.

JamesB

Kudos0

Thanks... Interestingly, I had set this to 1440 minutes and was experiencing the problem, repeatedly.  I changed it to 12 hours... suspecting there may be a "bug" in using minutes for 24 hours!  Let's see if this has an impact.
Kudos0

dongeo wrote:
Thanks... Interestingly, I had set this to 1440 minutes and was experiencing the problem, repeatedly.  I changed it to 12 hours... suspecting there may be a "bug" in using minutes for 24 hours!  Let's see if this has an impact.
Please let us know.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

With the original Norton 360 v1, you could configure some updates but the hourly update could not be configured. I don't think that they ever made an update for that but I'm pretty certain that they addressed the issue in version 2. If your subscription is current, you are entitled to a free upgrade from Norton 360 Installation site which I suggest trying to help solve this issue.

Edit: slight wording change 

Message Edited by reese_anschultz on 04-11-2008 10:43 AM
Reese AnschultzSenior Software Quality Assurance Manager, Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.