• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 v3 Not Installing

I just downloaded Norton 360 version 3 trail, but when I run the installation it closes just on it's own.

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Message Edited by shannons on 11-23-2009 07:53 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 v3 Not Installing

I just downloaded Norton 360 version 3 trail, but when I run the installation it closes just on it's own.

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Message Edited by shannons on 11-23-2009 07:53 PM
Kudos0

when I start the installation it goes to the initializing screen for about 15-20 and just closes by it self. I had the 2010 version before but I already removed it.
Kudos0

How did you uninstall your Norton 2010 product? I suggest you to run Norton removal tool from the following link:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090910004050EN

Then try to install Norton 360 Version 3.0

Vineeth--

Kudos0

I already tried that, but did again still same problem
Kudos0

Can you please copy and paste the error text here. depending on your Operating system, navigate to:

Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NortonInstaller\Logs
Windows Vista C:\ ProgramData\NortonInstaller\Logs

You can see a url.txt file inside the Logs folder, open it and then paste the error text here or attach the url.txt to your post.

Vineeth--

Kudos0

here it is

Kudos0

I am afraid, this is not the right one I need. Can you see a url.txt file inside the Logs folder?

Vineeth

Kudos0

ok inside the log there is two folders which has the time and date and inside that folder there is three files

NortonInstall-11-24-2009-16h21m54s.log

Install.1.mft

Log.Lue

thats all there is

Kudos0

Log on to Safe mode, then run the Norton removal tool in the safe mode. Then start the Norton 360 installation in Safe mode. let us know how it goes.

Vineeth--

Kudos0

I don't really know how to log on using safe mode
Kudos0

You can find the steps to start your computer in the following document. Select your operating system and then follow the steps:

Starting your computer in Safe mode

Vineeth--

Kudos0

Ok I tried runing it in safe but it's the same problem, but when I restarted my computer the message came up saying to insert CD somthing like that for norton

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.