• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 v5 & FB in game popups

I apologize for the duplicate subject, I didn't realize that the body didn't show up in the first attempt.  So here is a description of the problem I'm having.  I updated to Norton 360 v5 and to IE9 on the same day one right after the other, so I don't know if one or both are the cause but I can't seem to find a solution.  I play several Zynga games on Facebook.  During the game there are pop-ups to post things to my profile or friends profiles.  Ever since the updates, when the box pops up, a Norton message bar pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "Onlysecure content is displayed'.  Next to that is a link "What's the risk?" and on the other end of the bar is a button "Show all content' and the 'x' to close the box.  If I 'x' out of the box, nothing happens and I have to 'x' out of the pop-up that is sitting there blank.  If I choose Show all content, the page refreshes and the pop-up disappears.  Sometimes I can re-post, but not usually.  It happens on each game the first time I open it.  As long as I choose Show all content, any more pop-ups during that game session come up and post just fine.  If I leave the game and come back, same thing happens.  I've searched the help files and the forums with no luck.  Any suggestions on what this could be or how to fix it?  Thanks, Jenn

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 v5 & FB in game popups

I apologize for the duplicate subject, I didn't realize that the body didn't show up in the first attempt.  So here is a description of the problem I'm having.  I updated to Norton 360 v5 and to IE9 on the same day one right after the other, so I don't know if one or both are the cause but I can't seem to find a solution.  I play several Zynga games on Facebook.  During the game there are pop-ups to post things to my profile or friends profiles.  Ever since the updates, when the box pops up, a Norton message bar pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "Onlysecure content is displayed'.  Next to that is a link "What's the risk?" and on the other end of the bar is a button "Show all content' and the 'x' to close the box.  If I 'x' out of the box, nothing happens and I have to 'x' out of the pop-up that is sitting there blank.  If I choose Show all content, the page refreshes and the pop-up disappears.  Sometimes I can re-post, but not usually.  It happens on each game the first time I open it.  As long as I choose Show all content, any more pop-ups during that game session come up and post just fine.  If I leave the game and come back, same thing happens.  I've searched the help files and the forums with no luck.  Any suggestions on what this could be or how to fix it?  Thanks, Jenn

Kudos0

UPDATE:  This is the first time I've tried since yesterday and today, the Norton message bar doesn't say the same thing.  Now it says "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting."  The only option I have is to 'x' out of the message and 'x' out of the pop-up.....every single time.

Kudos0

Kudos0

can't see your post... need to click the compat. view (broken paper icon) should be at the top of your page.  I had to do the same thing when I first posted on here. 

Kudos0

**UPDATE**   So come to find out it's NOT a Norton pop up bar at the bottom of the screen.  It was an IE message bar cleverly disguised in the Norton color scheme.     So I go so frustrated with finding no way to fix or work around it, that I uninstalled IE9 and went back to IE8.  Yay, everything was fine... until I let the computer automatically do 25 updates before shutting down yesterday...  It updated the IE back to 9.  So I tried it, thinking maybe it was fixed now.... NOT!  It worked for the first few posts and then came up with that same bar with the cross-site scripting crap again.  So I uninstalled again and now all is fine again.  When I regain some patience I will go to MS and search around for answers... will post them here if I find anything worth repeating

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.