• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Norton 360 V5 full system scan

I can't seem to find instructions to schedule a weekly full system scan in N 360 V5.  Anyone got the steps?  Does the full scan run at idle time or just quick scans?  Do I have to run the full system scan manually only?  Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 V5 full system scan

I can't seem to find instructions to schedule a weekly full system scan in N 360 V5.  Anyone got the steps?  Does the full scan run at idle time or just quick scans?  Do I have to run the full system scan manually only?  Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi,

there is a background Full System scan job that will run every once a week in idle time.

Or you can schedule a manual scan as well via the Windows Scheduler.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

Hi - many thanks for the response.  Do I just check the history to see if the full sys scan ran that week?  And where do I find the Windows Scheduler if I want to schedule a scan.  Got instructions/steps?  Look forward to hearing back.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi,

to check when the background scan run just click on Perfomance (window will flip), than on the left side click on Norton Tasks. On the window you will found all Norton Task that runs in idle time.

Manual Schedule:

In Windows Vista and 7:
1. Open Windows Scheduler (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools)
2. Click on create new
3. Give it a name
4. Set when you want to run it
5. Select what you want to run (run a program)
6. In the line you have to set the program put this: C:\Program Files\Norton...\Engine\version\navw32.exe and the argument must be x:\thefolderyouwantscan or /a for a full system scan
7. Click next, and finish

If you run winXP the programline must look this (in one line!): "C:\Program Files\Norton...\Engine\version\navw32.exe" x:\thefolderyouwantscan or "C:\Program Files\Norton...\Engine\version\navw32.exe" /a

Let us know the results.

Limitless
Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

Many thanks for the info.  In checking security history, the full scan ran in idle time.  And thanks for the steps in case I need to set it up.  Much appreciated!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.