• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 version 4.0

I have two PC's .

The first one is a desk top running vista and the second one is a lap top running XP ,I have an external hard drive attached to the desktop and the back up runs fine on that PC. I have sharing enabled on the external hard drive. The problem is I can't get the lap top to recognize the external hard drive when I Run a backup from my laptop

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Norton 360 version 4.0

HI,

1. Please follow the steps under the section "Removing GEAR Drivers" in the following link to completely uninstall the GEAR drivers:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=DRIVERS:_Windows_-_Updating,_removing,_64_bit_versions,_etc

2 Reinstall the Gear drivers. You can find the steps to reinstall the Gear drivers in the following Knowledge Base Article:

Download and install the driver for GEAR software 

Please let us know the result.

Vineeth

NB: Please make sure that you have the latest updates from Windows.

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 version 4.0

There is a correction for the above suggestion. It may not work since the issue is with external drive. It works only with CD/DVD drive issues. I apologize. Thanks to Yogesh for pointing this out.

You can try the following:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. In the details pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, type PartMgr, and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Make sure that you take a backup of Windows Registry before you perform the above steps.

Vineeth

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.