• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 version 5 and Firefox 3.6

Hello, does anyone know whether the newest Norton 360 Identity Safe works with Firefox 3.6? I saw they fixed it for Firefox 4, but what about older versions? I am thankful for any tips. I used to have NIS and it worked fine with Firefox 3.5, then I got Norton 360 version 4 and I lost everything. I had to use a hot fix. Now, at least, I can access Identity Safe manually and look up my old passwords, but it does not add new ones and it does not work automatically as it should. Symantec told me that this feature of Norton 360 version 4 is incompatible with Firefox 3.5 (I would have had to go back to FF3). Does the new 360 version, i.e.5, work?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 version 5 and Firefox 3.6

Hello, does anyone know whether the newest Norton 360 Identity Safe works with Firefox 3.6? I saw they fixed it for Firefox 4, but what about older versions? I am thankful for any tips. I used to have NIS and it worked fine with Firefox 3.5, then I got Norton 360 version 4 and I lost everything. I had to use a hot fix. Now, at least, I can access Identity Safe manually and look up my old passwords, but it does not add new ones and it does not work automatically as it should. Symantec told me that this feature of Norton 360 version 4 is incompatible with Firefox 3.5 (I would have had to go back to FF3). Does the new 360 version, i.e.5, work?

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 version 5 and Firefox 3.6

Yes, Norton 360 v5 works with Firefox versions 3.0 and above.

It also works with FF versions 3.0 up to 4.0.1 once the product has received the inline update as outlined here.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.