• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 version 5.0 Renewal Issue

I have been using Norton 360 Premier version 5.1.0.9 and my subscription is expiring.   I recently purchased Norton 360 Standard version 5.0 for renewal.  The standard version will not install and I am told that I need to use Norton Removal Tool to prepare for the change in product.  Is this the correct action?   I also understand that this application will thoroughly clear the computer of all Norton components.  If this is the case, how can I save ALL my login, credit card, and other settings before using the removal tool??

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton 360 version 5.0 Renewal Issue

Yes using the NRT is the correct procedure and here is how you save you ID safe info. EXPORT Identity Safe DataIf you use Identity Safe, before you uninstall N 360 you will want to go into Settings > Identity Protection > Log into Identity Safe by clicking on Configure (if not already logged-in) You will be interested in the Backup Identity Safe Data option - you can click on Configure and will be permitted to browse your system for a location to save the data to. You can create an Identity Safe BU folder in my Documents or on your desktop - but the choice of location is yours. Select a location you will remember. IMPORT Identity Safe Data.Once N360 is installed, go back to the Identity Protection Settings page (above) and Select Restore Identity Safe Data by clicking configure. If you set a password when you saved the data, enter that password, the location of where you saved the data and then click OK. Your Identity Safe data should be restored to what you had before you uninstalled Norton. These are the basic instructions, I would sugest you export (backup) to an external source (USB Drive) and then import (restore)  to your other system.
Kudos1 Stats

Hi,

Yup, that's rite. You cannot directly overinstall.

Taking a backup is such an easy task with Norton, just login to your identity safe, goto Identity safe settings(Toolbar->Identity Safe->Manage->Settings or from Main UI->Identity Protection->Manage Identity protection), just select backup identity safe data and make sure you take a backup of that data in .NPM format.

Then, you can use the NRT tool, uninstall and install the new product. Open Identity safe settings from Main UI as before, click on Setup Identity safe and create a new profile. Once you create a new local vault, just select "Restore identity safe data" as before(Instead of backup) and select the backup file.

Your Identity safe profile is ready and you can use your logins and cards in the product as before.

regards,

Prasanna

Kudos1 Stats

Hi, whalas,

You should also uninstall Norton through Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove) before running the Removal Tool; this will both disconnect all essential system drivers from your Norton product before it gets removed, and give you the option to save your other Norton settings (besides Identity Safe) so they can  just be reloaded by Norton 360 Standard when you install it later.

Kudos0

Moved to NIS/NAV Board for better exposure.
Kudos0

Thank you all for your prompt replies and helpful suggestions that has resolved the problem.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill

Kudos0

Excellent--that's the kind of outcome we like to see!

Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.