• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Norton 360 VPN

Installed Norton 360 Deluxe on W10. When I go to My Subscription (from Amazon) it shows it has a VPN but My Norton only shows a panel for VPN that does not turn it on or off.as shown in a previous fix reply in Community. My Norton only shows a VPN panel that only allows you to start another downloader of 360 that sends a downloader that doesn't download; Does my version not really have VPN?? How can I tell???? I installed on my cell phone Norton Mobile and had to install Secure VPN on it and it works.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 VPN

On the mobile device, you do need to install the separate apps. The latest Norton 360 products do have the VPN included within the product. No separate download should be needed. What version of 360 do you have?   From the 360 interface, click on Help > About.

An exception could be if your Amazon purchase was some older stock. The initial versions of the new 360 did require the 360 product to download the VPN separately. You can try a fresh download of 360 that has the VPN built in from here.  http://www.norton.com/cspn360

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Same issue, mine is window explore. Even I reinstall the VPM, it still can keep the VPM auto on after I restart my computer, kindly assist me please.

Kudos0

I couldn't turn on my VPN (Windows 10) until I turned on auto-subscription in my Norton account. Not sure if you are even able to log in to a Norton account if you subscribe via Amazon but it might be something to look into.

Re VPN turning on automatically when you start your laptop/desktop, this is not possible (at the moment) and has to be switched on manually every time you start them up

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hi, Steve.

If I accurately understand your situation, here's what I think may be happening:

If you have Norton 360 Deluxe (I have the same, downloaded from Amazon), you have a VPN available to you. If you are on "My Subscriptions" web page and looking at your "My Norton" information, this is a webpage that is showing you the Norton tools (i.e. Device Security, Darkweb Monitoring, VPN, etc.) that are available to you (and yes, "download" is available here...I did exactly what you did which is why I think this is the "fix").

In order to access and use those tools, you must open the actual application located on your computer...Norton 360 (I know...duh! lol). You'll then see, you guessed it, "My Norton"...but it'll be the application,not the web page (of course), and the following:

• Device Security
  • Secure VPN
  • Cloud Backup
  • Password Manager
  • Dark Web Monitoring
  • Parental Controls

....each with a toggle and/or button to the right of them that controls on/off, or other pertinent functionality.

Hope that helps!

MarcTony

p.s. Honestly, this was a confusing installation procedure, partly because I had a previous version of Norton Security that I de-installed first.  I used the same Norton account to assign the new software to. Might have been better off creating a new account(??). 

Kudos0

Thanks, All sorted