• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 wants to reinstall after every reboot

Hi. I am running Norton 360 on Windows 10-64. After the latest update came out, the software wants to reinstall after every reboot. I have verified that I am running with the latest version and there are no operational issues. I tried to reinstall it once but the problem persists. I suspect there is a registry issue but I have no idea of where to look or what changes to make. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton 360 wants to reinstall after every reboot

Hi, John. Have you got Fast Start Up enabled ? If so, disable it as it is known to cause issues.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-1...

Have you used the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool ? 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/au/home/current/solutions/v60392881_End...

If the normal remove and reinstall doesn't fix your problem, go to the REMOVE Norton option.

After rebooting, go to your Norton Account and you can download a preactivated copy from there.

After the install, run Live Update manually until no more are found and then restart once more.

Let us know how you go.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version
Kudos0

The problem definitely did not involve Fast Startup. My system is rarely brought down completely and I only use restart as a general rule. The problem was cleared up by using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. It became apparent, after using it that the original problem was caused by the Download Manager that was installed during the previous update. It never removed itself (and even left a desktop shortcut on my monitor). This was cleaned up under the new install, followed by the manual update afterward. Thank you very much for your prompt assistance. It saved me a lot of grief and a little hair on my head. All the best.

Kudos0

You're very welcome. Glad we were able to help.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.