Norton 360 wont scan files and suspends after a while of use
i've worked with a symantec agent online but didn't help
Welcome to Norton Community!
Please provide the following details:
1. The version of Norton 360 you have, you can find it from Help & Support > About.
2. The Operating System you have.
3. Are you getting any error message from Norton program during scan? or What exactly happens during the scan?
4. What are the steps you tried or the Symantec Agent tried when you worked online?
norton 360 version 220.127.116.11
there are no error messages
whenever i run the antivirus and spyware scan, it says its scanning but the number of files scanned dosen't go up and after a while it just says its suspended
the most ive tried was downloading AVG to see if it was juss norton that was not working but it refused to install
and the symantec agent using remote access downloaded something off the norton website file name "20090705-020-v5i32.exe" but still didn't work
the log was made, thanks for helping
Thank you for your help. You have the MSIVX rootkit on your system. I will notify the proper people to help you remove the problem but it may be later this evening beofre they can get to you. They are kind of backed up right now but Quads will get to you in time.
thanks guys this is much appreciated
Now (read carefully) If you have Spybot S&D uninstall it.
Also during the restarts with Avenger if Your PC has a Startup repair center like with HP and Toshiba tell it to start Normally if it kicks in.
1. Download Avenger to your desktop,
Unzipped version http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~crutches/Avenger/
OR Creators website http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/avenger2/avenger2.html with zipped version to the unzip to desktop
2. Click to run "Avenger.exe" (right click "Run as Administrator" if using Vista)
3. In the "Input script here:" copy and paste the script between the lines
Drivers to disable:
Drivers to delete:
Files to delete:
Registry keys to delete:
Here is a screenshot (script updated since shot)
Make sure the "Automatically disable any rootkits found" is NOT selected
4. Click "Execute"
You will be asked to restart the PC click "Yes", when the PC restarts the load screen will takes slightly longer, then when it looks as though windows is loading the PC will restart again.
Then when Windows fully loads the Avenger log will be loaded, showing files it could or could not find.
5. Restart the PC again, then see if you can install Update and run Malwarebytes http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 7 users online.