• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360v5 'forgets' that a backup has been completed

This happens occasionally: I complete a full manual backup, and the backup component of Norton 360 tells me that the backup has completed successfully. I close the backup window, and the main Norton 360 control window tells me that my files have not been backed up recently. I repeat the manual backup, and the backup component of Norton 360 tells me that the backup has completed successfully, but no new files were backed up. The main Norton 360 control window still tells me I need to complete a backup because my files have not been backed up recently. The Norton drive can find a recently backed up file, but the control window is never satisfied. Once this happens, it never corrects itself. Once this happens, the only fix I've found so far is to uninstall and re-install Norton. What's wrong in the product, and when will Norton fix it? My backup set selects files by including and excluding folders (e.g.. C:/users/tom/favorites is backed up). I am running 64-bit Vista Ultimate SP2 on an AMD Turion CPU. All the other software I use is free of disturbing quirks like this.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360v5 'forgets' that a backup has been completed

This happens occasionally: I complete a full manual backup, and the backup component of Norton 360 tells me that the backup has completed successfully. I close the backup window, and the main Norton 360 control window tells me that my files have not been backed up recently. I repeat the manual backup, and the backup component of Norton 360 tells me that the backup has completed successfully, but no new files were backed up. The main Norton 360 control window still tells me I need to complete a backup because my files have not been backed up recently. The Norton drive can find a recently backed up file, but the control window is never satisfied. Once this happens, it never corrects itself. Once this happens, the only fix I've found so far is to uninstall and re-install Norton. What's wrong in the product, and when will Norton fix it? My backup set selects files by including and excluding folders (e.g.. C:/users/tom/favorites is backed up). I am running 64-bit Vista Ultimate SP2 on an AMD Turion CPU. All the other software I use is free of disturbing quirks like this.
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Norton 360v5 'forgets' that a backup has been completed

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.