• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton and Firewall

What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall

What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
Hi Stu, Just use Norton 360.... It will think for you....  Evert Maurer (The Netherlands) 
Evert Maurer (The Netherlands)
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


emaurer wrote:

Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
Hi Stu, Just use Norton 360.... It will think for you....  Evert Maurer (The Netherlands) 
Haha don't need to ;)I'm just curious if everyone uses a suite or else what firwall people use besides Norton Antivirus
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
If you use a suite everything has been tested together so the answer has to be Norton (As part of 360 or NIS)
Urrell
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Urrell wrote:

Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
If you use a suite everything has been tested together so the answer has to be Norton (As part of 360 or NIS)

Doesn't have to be but thanx
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Stu wrote:

Urrell wrote:

Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
If you use a suite everything has been tested together so the answer has to be Norton (As part of 360 or NIS)

Doesn't have to be but thanx

Then what firewall do you recommend as running best with NAV ?

Urrell
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Urrell wrote:

Stu wrote:

Urrell wrote:

Stu wrote:
What firewall do you think runs best with Norton anti virus?
If you use a suite everything has been tested together so the answer has to be Norton (As part of 360 or NIS)

Doesn't have to be but thanx

Then what firewall do you recommend as running best with NAV ?


I'm not here to do pro advise but besides the regular NIS and 360 , my experience is that Comodo works prett great with NAV
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall

Stu wrote: I'm not here to do pro advise but besides the regular NIS and 360 , my experience is that Comodo works prett great with NAV

Thread Hijack - But we are here to comunicate yes?  Stu you have me intrigued. I had never heard of Comodo until you mentioned it! Where are you from and what is your background? I am an older geek very interested in building and maintaining my own and family and friends computers. I am in IT at work but can relax with my pc at home and looking after and riding of my Harley Davidson Sportster.
Urrell
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Urrell wrote:
Stu wrote: I'm not here to do pro advise but besides the regular NIS and 360 , my experience is that Comodo works prett great with NAV

Thread Hijack - But we are here to comunicate yes?  Stu you have me intrigued. I had never heard of Comodo until you mentioned it! Where are you from and what is your background? I am an older geek very interested in building and maintaining my own and family and friends computers. I am in IT at work but can relax with my pc at home and looking after and riding of my Harley Davidson Sportster.
HahaI'm just a security maniac. Who has been testing several security products within the years now. I have been giving advise to friends and relatives as well as on several forums on the internet.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


Stu wrote:
I'm just curious if everyone uses a suite or else what firwall people use besides Norton Antivirus

I'm using a secured Linksys router with its hardware firewall, behind which both my desktop and my laptop are using NIS 2008 with no problems.  I haven't used any other stand-alone software firewalls recently with NAV other than those of Win XP Pro and Vista, neither of which gave NAV any problems. -- Jim 
Kudos0

Re: Norton and Firewall


StekertJ wrote:

Stu wrote:
I'm just curious if everyone uses a suite or else what firwall people use besides Norton Antivirus

I'm using a secured Linksys router with its hardware firewall, behind which both my desktop and my laptop are using NIS 2008 with no problems.  I haven't used any other stand-alone software firewalls recently with NAV other than those of Win XP Pro and Vista, neither of which gave NAV any problems. -- Jim 
Thanx Jim
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.