• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Anti Spam Addin with Outlook 2010

I've searched and haven't found an answer to this.  I updated this morning to v22.5.0.124 and the tab at the top of my Outlook is gone.  The first time I opened Outlook an error about the plug in flashed but I didn't capture it.  Does it still work even without the tab?  Windows 7 64bit, MS Office 2010 32 bit.

Labels: new norton

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Anti Spam Addin with Outlook 2010

This v22.5.xxxx update release has numerous issues with its Outlook support - which is rather ironic since Outlook is now the only email client it officially supports (with a plugin)...

Once Outlook "notices" the Norton plugin has crashed (usually on Outlook startup), it disables it (to protect itself from possible damage).

You can try going into Outlook's - File / Options / Add-Ins / Manage COM Add-Ins (near the bottom of the page) - locating the "Norton AntiSpam Outlook Plugin" in the alphabetized add-ons list, and re-selecting (re-enabling) it.

You'll need to then exit and restart Outlook for the change to take effect - just don't be too surprised if it crashes again (and gets disabled again by Outlook).

Good luck!
John

Kudos0

Thanks John, it's working now!  

Kudos0

And we'll keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way for you, Katherine ...

Cheers!
John

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.