• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NORTON ANTIVIRUS FOR MAC 10.1.2 / RENEWAL

I have Norton AntiVirus for Mac 10.1.2, bought in 2005. I've always been able to renew it and have always received a renewal message that allowed me to enter the renewal key. This year - no message, and I can't find 10.1.2 in the renewals product options. Do I need to upgrade to renew? Or do I just buy a renewal against v11.0?

Can't find any reference in forums or knowledge base.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NORTON ANTIVIRUS FOR MAC 10.1.2 / RENEWAL

NAV 10.1.2 is deprecated and no longer supports updates.  You have 3 options:

1. If you are planning to use OS X 10.7 (Lion), you may want to wait for the NAV 12 release.  There is a free Public Beta version available here:

http://us.norton.com/beta/

2. Purchase NAV 11.1, which supports OS X 10.4.10 to 10.6.x

3. Continue to use 10.1.2, and manually download virus definitions here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=nmc

Kudos0

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply - should I buy v11.0 as an upgrade from my current v10.1.2 or as a new purchase?

Mark.

Kudos0

If I'm not mistaken, there is only a full product install of 11 to replace 10.x.  It should successfully install over 10.x, but I don't think there's any special upgrade price, particularly since 11 was released in 2008.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

FYI, NIS 12 will not be a free upgrade for NIS 11 users, and any NIS 11 subscription won't carry over to NIS 12.  If you plan to move to Lion, you should look into NIS 12, as Lee suggested.  NIS 12 is in public beta now.

Kudos0

Thanks to you both for this - I'll try my hand with 11.1 with fingers firmly crossed!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.