Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Norton AntiVirus/Norton Internet Security 2010.1 Patch (Updated: November 13th 2009)
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our first inline release of Norton AntiVirus 2010 and Norton Internet Security 2010 and we are ready to release the patch.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required once the update is applied.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help & Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security will be 18.104.22.168:
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
For Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security, the version number is 22.214.171.124.
Please note that all Norton Internet Security 2010 and Norton AntiVirus 2010 customers with a valid subscription will receive this update for free.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As a standard practice, we will be deploying the patch in a phased manner. On Monday, 9th of November, we will be releasing the patch to some randomly selected customers. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues.
If you had the previous 17.1 patch (126.96.36.199), you will simply need to run LiveUpdate twice and then reboot to receive the update. The update should be available to you automatically if you have the previous 17.1 patch.
Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install or upgrade to Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2010.1 (17.1)?
Norton Internet Security 2010.1 and Norton AntiVirus 2010.1 are currently available only through LiveUpdate to users of the 2010 products. Visit the Norton Update Center to see if you're eligible for a free update to the 2010 products.
We are in the process of posting the full 17.1 installers. We will update this post when this is complete.
4. What are the changes in this release?
- Corrected an issue with Quarantined files that occasionally prevent upgrading to 17.0 from older products.
- Updated Norton Insight to enhance its effectiveness.
- Corrected a forum reported issue regarding Exclusions and Help information.
- Fixed several licensing related WinQual reported errors.
- Corrected an issue with upgrading from 2009 to 2010.
- Corrected an issue with FireFox 3.5.3 to make sure the toolbar is shown.
- Corrected a Performance UI 1 day view issue so that details are correctly being viewed on the UI when a user selects activities.
- Corrected an issue that could produce a Blue Screen under certain conditions.
- Fixed issue relating to handle leak in ccSvcHst.exe.
- Corrected an issue where the Norton Toolbar was missing in Firefox.
Also included the changes from the previously released HotFixes:
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums![Edited FAQ #3]Message Edited by Tim on 11-13-2009 03:26 PM