• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Core Internet Security versus Norton 360 with LifeLock

I now have two door stops/boat anchors. Got the first several years ago while I had a multiyear subscription to Norton 360 which was also extended an additional year by the Norton Core purchase. Liked the product so well that bought a second for an extended family member and family. They were unable to maintain the home security environment and had continuous problems maintaining a stable home network. Recently I was informed by the folks at Norton with LifeLock that my Norton Core Internet Security Subscription was being replaced by Norton 360 with LifeLock and I needed to convert from the monthly $9.99 subscription to the Norton 360 with LifeLock monthly or annual subscription for $149/year and that it would also provide for the current level of Norton Core support and core management using the Norton Core App. Well, after converting the subscription Key to the new subscription, I saw the Norton Core App was reporting that that it had an expired subscription and would not continue to scan or report any security activity or notifications. Thus rendering it a virtual door stop and not be able to serve as an effective router any longer.

The worst part iwas the misguided/conflicting information that each of the Symantec/Norton divisions gave me to string me along to the point that the price point was more than doubled for me to obtain the same value I was currently getting. While at the same time Google and Microsoft along with Apple are adopting similar security features to move to more secure cloud and endpoint services. Watch out Symantec, clean up and provide better communication between your divisions or you will loose a lot of customers.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Core Internet Security versus Norton 360 with LifeLock

Hello OPL-SC . The Norton Core router was discontinued from production some time ago. The announcement can be found in this comment. In that announcement, it states support for the Core device, its firmware and app updates will continue through January 31, 2021. That includes current Norton Core Security subscriptions. Support SHOULD know this, I can imagine a sell-up was more important with the agent you interacted with than facts. A replacement solution has NOT been announced for Core as of this posting. Nor has the issue of customer "repurposing" of Core at EOL which I have personally addressed. I would contact support again and reverse your decisions to continue with your Core at your earliest convenience. I will also forward this thread to someone who MAY be able to assist with that for you.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.657 / N360 Deluxe 22.20.1.69/ Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Kudos0

Well...this is delightful info. I have a currently open case # because the wi-fi on my Core is disabled and I can't get it up. (going into second week now) Also even with a direct connect to core to do factory reset, the reset fails as well. I tried to reinstall core app and now it does not find the core at all. Sounds like I am going to loose on this one. I had stuck with Norton simply because back in the days of DOS Peter Norton utilities were great. Guess that is over.

Kudos0

Jaime, I replied to your other post.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.657 / N360 Deluxe 22.20.1.69/ Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX