• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Family

A child can turn off the Norton family extension in chrome (incognito mode) and can bypass Norton Family? Is there is a solution to this issue? Makes Norton Family completely useless. My daughter's laptop has Windows.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Family

Hi spicierboar,

I have sent you a private message. Please check.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan R

Kudos0

I have the same problem.  My son keeps disabling/removing the Chrome extension for Norton Family.  Please help!

Kudos0

Hi Jinkel, if Norton is unwilling to fix this issue, then I don't see why we should continue paying for a half baked solution that does not serve the objective fully. You could consider other software such as Qustodio or Net Nanny. 

Kudos0

Hi spicierboarjinkel,

Thank you for the feedback!

Browser extension is a prerequisite for the product to function completely and should not be disabled. User has privileges on the extensions in their computer and cannot be controlled entirely.

In the event the extension is disabled by the child, please enable it again to ensure the child browsing remains safe. Norton Family sends out an email when the extension is disabled to have a discussion with your child and re-enable it again. 

However, Norton Family team has been exploring various options to protect the child even when the extension is tampered. Please be assured that you will hear from us once the solution is ready to be released.

Regards,

Norton Family Team

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.