• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

The Norton Family for Android 4.0.0.125 Removed Features

It seems that the new version of Norton Family for Android has removed the ability to block websites in external browsers (like previously, in browsers such as Chrome for Android). The release notes are lacking for the new version but from my testing it seems to not block sites in any browser other than the Norton Family browser now introduced. If so, it's a terrible move as the change was made without notifying customers. I only found out because my son was able to access block sites all of a sudden.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: The Norton Family for Android 4.0.0.125 Removed Features

Hi ECKENT,

Thanks for the post.  We will check into this and get back to you.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi ECKENT,

For devices running with Android version 5.0 and above, Norton Family requires the following permission to be turned ON for monitoring/blocking websites in other browsers

Settings -> System ->Accessibility -> Norton Family Accessibility Service

So, if the device Android version is 5.0 & above, please ensure the permission is turned ON.

Also, to check for the permission tampered, can you please share a screen shot of activities from web portal by private message?  To access private message via the forum, please click Inbox at upper right hand corner.

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here

https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

This feature:

Settings -> System ->Accessibility -> Norton Family Accessibility Service

So, if the device Android version is 5.0 & above, please ensure the permission is turned ON.

Will be switched off "alone" afte one day...something like this. Why? It´ nearly every day. If this is not turned on, the time limit does not work as well and no notification by mail!

CRAP!

Kudos0

Hi Dupersuper,

The issue described in this thread is different from the issue you reported in another thread.  Yours is device specific issue.  Please check the link below. 

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-family-automatic-deaktivation

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

This has been happening. Anytime Norton Family no longer blocks websites, I check the Norton Family Accessibility Service and sure enough it's turned off. It's very frustrating.

Kudos0

Hi ECKENT,

Do you get any email alerts in your email box or alerts in your Norton Family account when the Norton Family Accessibility option is turned off?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.