• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Ghost 14.0 reports wrong status

I searched for similar problems on the Norton Community, but I could find none.  If this is a known problem, I am sorry to repeat it.  I am using Windows XP Professional x64.  When I start Ghost and click on the Home tab, I see the following under Backup Status and Status Details, Attention Needed (in large letters) and the message - A backup has been defined for files and folders but has not been run for more than 30 days.  Unfortunately, there is no backup listed for files and folders.  I had one once, but I deleted it.  I am only using My Computer Backup now.  How do I get rid of the message but still retain the ability to see real error messages?

I tried to report this directly to Symantec, but their computer wouldn't let me because it refused the Product Key on my CD that I used to install Ghost. 

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Ghost 14.0 reports wrong status

00358100 wrote:

I searched for similar problems on the Norton Community, but I could find none.  If this is a known problem, I am sorry to repeat it.  I am using Windows XP Professional x64.  When I start Ghost and click on the Home tab, I see the following under Backup Status and Status Details, Attention Needed (in large letters) and the message - A backup has been defined for files and folders but has not been run for more than 30 days.  Unfortunately, there is no backup listed for files and folders.  I had one once, but I deleted it.  I am only using My Computer Backup now.  How do I get rid of the message but still retain the ability to see real error messages?

I tried to report this directly to Symantec, but their computer wouldn't let me because it refused the Product Key on my CD that I used to install Ghost. 

Welcome to the Norton Community

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you are having with your Norton Product.

Hi 00358100

Open Ghost, go to Tasks. Under Backups you should see Files and Folders, highlight Files and Folders and then, across on the right middle, click on Customize Status Reporting and choose No Status reporting.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks

Message Edited by mdturner on 25-10-2009 08:54 PM
We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Thanks md, but when I start Ghost and click on the Tasks tab, the only options that I have under Backup are Run or Manage Backups and One Time Backup.  I clicked on each of them, and under neither is Files and Folders, so this solution doesn't seem to work for me.
Kudos1 Stats

00358100 wrote:
Thanks md, but when I start Ghost and click on the Tasks tab, the only options that I have under Backup are Run or Manage Backups and One Time Backup.  I clicked on each of them, and under neither is Files and Folders, so this solution doesn't seem to work for me.

Hi 00358100

I must have had a brain malfunction when I wrote that - click on Status.

Sorry

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Hi md, it was under Status, not Tasks.

I did as you said on the Files and Folders under Status, and it solved the problem.  Thanks. 

Kudos0

00358100 wrote:

Hi md, it was under Status, not Tasks.

I did as you said on the Files and Folders under Status, and it solved the problem.  Thanks. 

I'm glad it worked for you.

If your question has been answered to your satisfaction then please mark the message that you believe contained the solution to your issue by using the green button beside it. This will mark the thread as Solved and others will know that it has been answered and can see the solution.

Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.