Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Norton Ghost 15.0, Installation Error 1935
I was having an issue with Norton Internet Security, so I used the Norton Removal Tool, which also installed my copy of Ghost 15. Even though Ghost installed perfectly the 1st time, when I tried to reinstall Ghost after the removal tool, I got the following error message:
I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 64 bit OS.
Here are the solutions I've tried by reading your forums up to date:
1) Reinstalled everything again using the removal tool, and run it twice.
2) Uninstalled my .Net framework and reinstalled it. (I've tried this twice)
3) looking for an "install" folder to delete in both the C:\Windows and C:\Windows\system32 directories. (No such folder has ever been present, even when I can see every other hidden folder in the directory.
4) I've tried reinstalling Ghost before NIS 2013, no luck there either.
5) Erasing the symantec folder in the Program Data Folder.
None of these has seemed to help. I do have an older back of my laptop by about a month, but I'd prefer not to have to use it to get ghost back on.
What solution am I missing?