• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 Bug

After Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 was installed everything worked fine for awhile. Then it stopped functioning. First Norton Safe Search disappeared from the toolbar and then I couldn't click the three dots menu. I could only restore it by clicking customize from the Firefox menu and clicking restore defaults. That restored it for the current Firefox session. Upon closing and opening Firefox it stopped functioning again.

Screenshot (nothing works except maybe the safe web part);

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.15.x

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 Bug

I had a similar problem.  Click on "view", "toolbars" and make sure "Norton Toolbar" is checked.  Mine was not, but when I "checked" it, everything was fine.

Kudos0

SGFC - The symptoms you describe seem similar to this known problem:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6854601#comment-6854601

Are there any nortonidentitysafeaddon errors in the Firefox Browser Console?
 (Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console)

If you open a second Firefox window does the Norton Toolbar work correctly?

Do you have other addons/extensions enabled apart from Norton Identity Safe?
If so it might be worth trying disabling each in turn to see if the problem goes away.

Kudos0

Snowman1:

SGFC - The symptoms you describe seem similar to this known problem:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6854601#comment-6854601

Are there any nortonidentitysafeaddon errors in the Firefox Browser Console?
 (Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console)

If you open a second Firefox window does the Norton Toolbar work correctly?

Do you have other addons/extensions enabled apart from Norton Identity Safe?
If so it might be worth trying disabling each in turn to see if the problem goes away.

1. There's a long list of errors for nortonidentitysafeaddon core.js:106 That's the only error under logging. It's repeated several times.

2. I haven't been able to test that. So far today it's behaving normally.

3. Yes, but the problem didn't start until this update to the Norton Identity Safe (Toolbar) for Firefox 44.0 compatibility.

Kudos0

Do you have Norton security products installed? If you do, they already include the ID Safe function. Check to see if you also have a stand alone version installed by checking Control Panel - Programs. If there is a separate entry for Norton Identity Safe, uninstall that. The two being on the system at the same time causes conflicts that cause strange behavior. You will not lose any vault data.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hello

Perhaps it will work better once Firefox 44 is released since it is supposed to be compatibility with Firefox 44. .

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.0.88 Core Firmware 260 I E 11
Kudos0

If you have the extension "No Script" installed try disabling it.  Since Symantec made the new version of Identity Safe I have had a problem with it similar to yours when No Script is enabled. 

Kudos0

@peterweb
I only have Norton Security. No standalone ID safe. In Firefox the "Norton Toolbar" is now called Norton Identity Safe even though it doesn't have that function and isn't the standalone version.

@floplot
But I'd assume there's backward compatibility since some users may stick with Firefox 43.0 or 42.0

@PaulGo
No NoScript.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.