• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 (Firefox)

Does anyone know what changed in Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 (Firefox)?

Thanks.

Oops https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-toolbar-limited-compatibility-patch-firefox-44-available

Compatibility patch for Firefox 44.0

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.15.x

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe 2016.5.6.90 (Firefox)

Sigh... And I thought the new toolbar wouldn't need to be updated for each new version of FF. 

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I should've checked the blogs first.

People are still going to be upset about the identity safe not being there.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.15.x
Kudos0

People are still going to be upset about the identity safe not being there.

Yep!

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Oh well nothing changes just lost FF passwords and facbook scanning but... (the latter still being listed as avalable with Norton) so we really do have return to the good old Symantec. Pleased I am off when sub runs out.

Kudos0

This is getting old. Firefox does not care or Symantec? I have been using Chrome for a long time now waiting for this to work itself out. Chrome even has issues with the ID Safe bar at times. Feeling like time to go separate ways with both of these companies.

Kudos0

I am really ticked off that norton has been trying for over a year to write a identity safe toolbar program that will work with firefox. I'm using the esr version but still no toolbar. I am now looking for a replacement program for both norton and firefox. I have to wonder if microsoft is paying norton not to write the program in an attempt to force internet explorer on us. Even though I've rid myself of the bing failure I still detest ie and edge is no better.

Kudos0

Hello ron

It hasn't been over a year since Norton has been redoing the Norton Toolbar for Firefox and the first part of the Toolbar does work. It is still the identity safe which is being worked on for a couple of months now.

You can not use any extensions with Edge. Mozilla is the cause of the issue starting in the first place with them making such radical changes. The browser must have problems if it has to be changed every week or so. Have you got any malware during the time that the Identity safe hasn't been working? You can use a substitute password manager in the meantime until Norton Toolbar is completely finished.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

It seems like a year. ID safe toolbar stopped working with Firefox version 40. I'm using version 43.0.4 right now. I started one of my stand-by computers which still had version 36 installed. I turned update completely off in options but I still had Norton 360 installed. Updated to Norton Security and, as you have probably guessed, The toolbar was gone I think most people know about the failures of the edge browser and that's why I still use internet explorer even though I don't like it but at least Bing is easy to get rid of along with Cortana.  I really would like to ask one question. What does that Norton Cool Aid taste like ?

Kudos0

Hello ron

If you restart the computer and run Live Update a few times until you get the patch for the Norton Toolbar for Firefox. Once you get the patch and you have updated your Firefox to at least 41, you should get a partially compatible Firefox Toolbar. You may have to restart your computer and retry Live Update a few more times until that Patch comes thru. I know it's a long time, but it is no where near a year. Phase 1 of the reconstruction is done but it does not contain the Identity Safe. You can still use Firefox and use one of the free password managers that are out there as a temporary fix also. Your passwords can be exported as a CSV file and imported into one of the other free password managers. You do have to be updated to version 22.5.5.15 in order to get the latest patches for the Toolbar.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.