• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Internet Security 2009 "Subscribe Now" button

I downloaded NIS 2009 from CNET and liked the product so I purchased a Subscription for 2 years.  I entered the Key to Activate the demo NIS 2009 from CNET and it shows "731 days of subscription remaining" in large white font in the lower right corner of NIS 2009 and next to it there is a "Subscribe Now" button.  Its kind of annoying and I think this might have not Activated properly.  How can I correct this?  Also, my Norton Account still reflects the demo version of NIS 2009 and not my paid subscription.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tony

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security 2009 "Subscribe Now" button

I downloaded NIS 2009 from CNET and liked the product so I purchased a Subscription for 2 years.  I entered the Key to Activate the demo NIS 2009 from CNET and it shows "731 days of subscription remaining" in large white font in the lower right corner of NIS 2009 and next to it there is a "Subscribe Now" button.  Its kind of annoying and I think this might have not Activated properly.  How can I correct this?  Also, my Norton Account still reflects the demo version of NIS 2009 and not my paid subscription.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tony

Kudos0

Hi Tony, welcome to the Norton Community :-)

You can contact Symantec Customer Support if you are having issues with your subscription; they possess the necessary info to check the details of your Norton product and Norton account. Please go here to chat with them:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 09-05-2009 09:17 PM
Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Hi

Even when you have entered the key and it is activated showing in white the days left the "Subscribe Now" button in 2009 stays visable

If it wasn't activated  the button would be "Activate Now"  

neighbour down the road still has the "Subscribe Now" button with the days counting down.

Quads 

Kudos0

Something doesn't seem right about this, its almost like walking around with the tags hanging off of your new T-Shirt.  And to top it off, the ink loaded alarm tag has blown up and you have red and blue all over you.

Thanks,

Tony

Kudos0

167mph wrote:

Something doesn't seem right about this, its almost like walking around with the tags hanging off of your new T-Shirt.  And to top it off, the ink loaded alarm tag has blown up and you have red and blue all over you.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Then it is best if you chat with Customer Support using the link I provided above to make sure things are okay :-) It is usually very quick, Customer Support has helped me out before with subscription issues. 

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Hi

I actually now remember it in NIS 2009 during testing a long time ago,  Symantec told about shouldn't the button disappear.................

That is fixed in NIS 2010 No button

Quads 

Kudos0

I am chatting with Support Now, hopefully this will be painless.

Thanks,

Tony

Kudos0

167mph wrote:

I am chatting with Support Now, hopefully this will be painless.

Thanks,

Tony

It will be (painless) - don't worry ;-D Please post back with the outcome :-D

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Thanks all, it looks like I am stuck with the tags guys.  Thanks for all of your replies.

FROM SYMANTEC:

Anoop(Sat Sep 5 12:46:11 PDT 2009)>Tony, As you have 731 days showing in your Norton Program it is protecting your computer, And the Subscription Button which you see is the feature of the Norton Program which cannot be removed.  It is the in build feature of Norton Program, As some times when there is some issue with the live update server we have to use it to re-activate your Norton Program with your product key.

Kudos0

167mph wrote:

Thanks all, it looks like I am stuck with the tags guys.  Thanks for all of your replies.

FROM SYMANTEC:

Anoop(Sat Sep 5 12:46:11 PDT 2009)>Tony, As you have 731 days showing in your Norton Program it is protecting your computer, And the Subscription Button which you see is the feature of the Norton Program which cannot be removed.  It is the in build feature of Norton Program, As some times when there is some issue with the live update server we have to use it to re-activate your Norton Program with your product key.

Great, glad to know you got confirmation that everything is okay. If your problem is solved to your satisfaction, please close this thread by marking the appropriate post as the solution. Thanks ;-)

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 09-05-2009 09:53 PM
Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Well that was simple,  well when you already know that - that is part of Norton 2009

Quads 

Kudos0

Quads wrote:

Well that was simple,  well when you already know that - that is part of Norton 2009

Quads 

And now you can be 100% certain :-)

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

1. Knowing

2. Seeing NIS 2009 and the button staying there

3. If there was a problem the Symantec server for updates would pick up on it  (user saying I am valid but with updates and online account, states it's invalid,..........................................

Quads 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.