• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Norton Internet Security 2011 (2 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities Upgrade

Hi,

My Norton Internet Security subscription is about to end this May and I'm planning to purchase the
Norton Internet Security 2011 (2 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities Upgrade (for USD 47.99) instead of merely renewing my subscription. This way I'll aslo have the Norton Utilities in my system.

If I continue with my plan, will I need to uninstall my current Norton Internet Security 2011 and then install the the newly purchased Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton Utilities?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security 2011 (2 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities Upgrade

Hi,

My Norton Internet Security subscription is about to end this May and I'm planning to purchase the
Norton Internet Security 2011 (2 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities Upgrade (for USD 47.99) instead of merely renewing my subscription. This way I'll aslo have the Norton Utilities in my system.

If I continue with my plan, will I need to uninstall my current Norton Internet Security 2011 and then install the the newly purchased Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton Utilities?

Thanks

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security 2011 (2 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities Upgrade

Hi,

no, you only need to put the new key on the last day(s) of your previous subscription to the renew window. :) The program will automatically notify you when you have to renew. Make sure it will be last day(s), the program starts to notify you about the expiration from the last 30 days.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

Hello psdilag

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

You would only have to uninstall the one that will expire soon if the program was giving you problems. If the program is working without problems, then there is no need to uninstall it. A day or 2 before the end of the subscription period, just click on the renew button near the bottom of the main page and you will see a box where you can insert the new key.

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi floplot and Papauz,

Thanks for the advise.

How about the Norton Utilities? It will require installation, right?

Thanks

Kudos0

Hello psdilag

Yes, you will have to install Norton Utilities since you don't already have this program installed. It is a separate program from NIS 2011. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

One last question. Is it safe to purchase the NIS 2011 + Norton Untilities as early as now? Or will be it better to purchase it on the day that I'll renew my subscription?

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hello psdilag

You can purchase it any time and any where you find the best price. If you purchase it online, please make sure it is from a reputable location. Many people have been burned when purchasing from eBay. Just don't enter the new key until a day or 2 before end of sub. Thanks.

Kudos0

Thank you very much for the info. It really helped a lot.

Kudos0

Hello psdilag

Thanks for coming back and marking the thread as solved.  If you have any further questions, you know where to find us. Please do let us know how you made out after you activate your new products. Thanks.

Kudos0

Moved to own thread for better exposure.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.