• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Internet Security 2013 User Interface Problem

Hi there, since i upgraded to the new Norton Internet Security 2013 the text in the user interface is blurry. Is there a patch on the way in order for this to be fixed? Not nice at all.

Thanks

Donovan

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security 2013 User Interface Problem

Hi there, since i upgraded to the new Norton Internet Security 2013 the text in the user interface is blurry. Is there a patch on the way in order for this to be fixed? Not nice at all.

Thanks

Donovan

Kudos0

Could you post a screen shot so it can be compared?. Also please state your operating system

Kudos0

Are you referring to the intermittent character kerning issue that at various times makes some words displayed within in the Norton GUI difficult to read or understand?

For example...

Kudos0

It happens to me too during Live Update initiated by me on Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Kudos0

The same problem I have, OS windows 7 enterprise 64 throughout the interface becomes cloudy text, tested on version 20.1.1.2, attach a screenshot - http://i5.pixs.ru/storage/8/7/9/AshampooSn_3061361_5721879.png  http://i5.pixs.ru/storage/8/8/1/AshampooSn_8232300_5721881.png

Kudos0

Kudos0

Kudos0

Blurry on every screen , Win 7, 64.

Kudos0

Screen Shot

Kudos0

Trying to post a Screen Shot

Kudos0

Kudos0

Yes thats what im referring to. Will Norton be bringing out a patch to fix this?

Kudos0

FWIW, I am on the English version of NIS 20.1.1.2 and all my images are crystal clear.

Kudos2 Stats

Try to disable Morphological filtering in ATI Catalyst Control Center.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25648944-SOLVED-Java-display-corruption.

Kudos0

I am using Nvidia drivers not AMD

Kudos0

I see... do you have a NVIDIA equivalent to Morphological Filtering?

ambient occulsion: off
Anisotropic Filtering: application controled
antialisiang - fxaa off
" " - gamma correction: on
" " - mode: application controlled
" " - setting: " "
" " - Transparency: Off

Kudos0

This happens when FXAA anti aliassing is put on in the NVIDIA drivers.

Kudos0

Understand that with latest nvidia drivers viz 306.23 the blurry prob is solved , even when its set to use  FXAA it will no no longer use it for several windows progs like media player, live messenger, movie maker etc

Kudos0

Totally solved the problem (for me) THX. GL to everyone else.

Kudos0

Big problem with the Norton UI on both Nvidia and Radeon video based computers. Not any help from switching off the Morfological filter or anti aliasing setup. As I can see here this problem and reports are coming since quite long time ago, but nothing were done from Symantec part. No any other application on my computers act like this Norton UI... 

As a "bonus" Norton 2013 is ready to work on the computers after minutes since booting...

Can you make something with this Symantec? The price of Norton applications have not been cheaper in the last time, but opposite!

Here are few of my screen shots about Norton 2013 edition....

File Attachment: 
Kudos1 Stats

We are researching several UI related issues;

After animating any of the icons, the text repaints blurry, will be fixed.

After performing a UI flip, the entire UI is blurry, happens with certain graphic drivers, try updating the graphic drivers, we are researching a solution.

Tray icon display delayed, happens with certain graphic drivers, try updating the graphic drivers, we are researching a solution.

The state of the UI or tray icon visibility does not impact the system protection, that is provided by drivers started during OS boot.

Pieter

Kudos0

PieterV wrote:

The state of the UI or tray icon visibility does not impact the system protection, that is provided by drivers started during OS boot.

Pieter

It is absolutely IMPERATIVE that the UI or tray icon visibility appear immediately... or you can not use Internet Explorer.

Are you hearing us on this? You CAN NOT use Internet Explorer until the UI or tray icon appears.

Kudos0

the problem lies in the programming. WPF probably used. clear type smoothing is NOT required. it's a good job I tried the latest version Engine\20.1.1.2) before paying for an subscription renewal. you have 29 days to fix it....

Kudos0

So still not fixed.  Download version unchanged from last month.

Kudos0

I can confirm that after installing the 20.2 update, the blurry UI bug is still present.  All you have to do is open NIS and then minimize the window and then restore it.  This happens with LiveUpdate too, just minimize the LU window and just restore it from the taskbar.

Windows 10 Pro v.1703 64-Bit / IE 11 / Firefox 55.0.3 / NSBU 22.10.1.10 / NU 16.0.2.53 / Veritas System Recovery 16 SP2
Kudos0

Yup. Same issue here! Just upgraded from 2012 wish I had gone with some thing else.   Does any one have any  clue as to what is happing as far as a fix is concerned and when we can expect it?

Seems to be a serious oversight on the part of Symantec.  Was there no testing done to check this out?  Seriously how many people have good graphics cards and use FXAA setting, seriously? 

Come on give us a patch or more like spend some time and money in actaually testing the thing before trotting it out so you can make your 2013 label!

I for one will not be spending my money with symantec again if this is the level of quality we can expect!

Sort it out!!!!!!!

Kudos0

Blurry here as well...

Nvidia drivers are all up to date, and have even tried the previous suggestions to fix it...

Norton 360 UI is blurry still...

Kudos0

Still no fix to this?

Kudos2 Stats

I fixed this by adding "ccsvchst.exe" to the nvidia control panel, and setting:

Under "Manage 3D Settings"

Choose the "Program Settings" tab, then click the "Add" button and find the above executable to add it.

Once that's done toggle the below settings to 'off.'

Antialiasing - FXAA -> OFF

Antialiasing - Transparency -> OFF

The executable for the norton engine can be found in the program files install location under engine, altho a simple folder search should yield it's location.

I hope this helps folks.

It should be noted that this does not correct the blurry module in your email client as that's a seperate file that I've not taken the time to discover yet.

Kudos0

Until a Norton fix is released, I recommend the following to users of AMD switchable graphics (NVIDIA users, keep reading).

The Norton UI does NOT require advanced graphics (beyond the capabilities of your Intel HD Graphics controller), so ccsvchst.exe (the Norton application) should be set to "Power Saving" instead of "High Performance" under the Switchable Graphics Control Panel. Once you've done this, restart the computer. The UI should no longer be blurry.

If you've changed switchable graphics in the BIOS from Dynamic to Fixed, the above solution probably won't help you. In this situation, disable "Morphological Filtering" in the AMD Control Panel (as suggested in previous posts in this thread). It's not an ideal solution, because this will also disable filtering for your games and other apps, but it does address the UI problem. Having said this, the UI will not behave as desired when "flipping" the UI to view the performance information. The animation looks awful and garbled.

Users of NVIDIA products should probably achieve the same positive results by keeping switchable graphics set to Dynamic in the BIOS and setting ccsvchst.exe to "Power Saving" (as mentioned above).

Hope this post helps a few of you.

Kudos1 Stats

I just upgraded NIS and found the problem reported on this thread.  This workaround inside the Nvidia Control Panel fixed it for me.

Mihari wrote:

I fixed this by adding "ccsvchst.exe" to the nvidia control panel, and setting:

Under "Manage 3D Settings"

Choose the "Program Settings" tab, then click the "Add" button and find the above executable to add it.

Once that's done toggle the below settings to 'off.'

Antialiasing - FXAA -> OFF

Antialiasing - Transparency -> OFF

The executable for the norton engine can be found in the program files install location under engine, altho a simple folder search should yield it's location.

I hope this helps folks.

It should be noted that this does not correct the blurry module in your email client as that's a seperate file that I've not taken the time to discover yet.

Kudos0

I actually thought this was something Symatec did to 2013 for the longest time and always ignored it. I finally got fed up at looking at this blurry crap. I can't believe it's caused by video card profiles. Why the hell is 2013 any different than 2012? It looks exactly the same IMO.

This is almost laughable. Who the hell would want to buy this crap if they can't even read the settings. No update has fixed it. No communication with NVIDIA or ATI about adding a profile, nothing. This is really sad IMO. Why would anyone with half a brain not correct this. This has been happening for a long time now.

Do you really think the average idiot is going to know how to fix this?

Kudos0

We did report the issue to NVidia, NVidia did confirm a defect, and NVidia did say a fix will be included in a future driver update, we do not have insignt into NVidia's release schedule, or how OEM's will deliver the fix.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.