• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Internet Security for Mac 2012 - renewal problem

I just recently renewed NIS 2012 for Mac online, but it's not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton Internet Security 2012 for Mac, but the status says "expired," even if I press the update notification. The Norton Setup Assistant doesn't show too, since it has been saying it's expired.

Is there a Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool for Mac? (not in .exe format)

Please help!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security for Mac 2012 - renewal problem

Hi,

Welcome to Norton Community.

Can you tell me the exact name of the product that you have renewed?

Norton Internet Security 2012 is  for windows computers, for Mac computers it should be Norton Intenret Security 5 or Norton Antivirus 12.

-

ravi

Kudos0

Norton Internet Security Mac Edition

Kudos0

Can you give a me a link to download Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac so I can just type in the product key? I don't think the link in my Norton account has the right one.

Accepted Solution
Kudos3 Stats

Sure, but it would only get activated if you have a product key for the version 5 of Norton Internet Security.

The link to download is www.norton.com/nism5

Also, since you asked earlier about uninstalling Norton product from a Mac, you can use the tool www.norton.com/rmac to remove all Norton Files from your computer, then go to www.norton.com/nism5 ( if you have a licence key for this version) download , install and activate it.

Also in case you still come across problems, you can contact our chat support by going to www.norton.com/chat

Kudos0

Thank you! I used both of your links (uninstalled first, then reinstalled), and it finally worked!

The links that myNorton account gave me (since I renewed my subscription online) were wrong -- one was for trial only and the uninstall link was for Windows only). Thanks again!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.