Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Norton just not listening
I’ll try to make this the “short” version of events. I’ve had a problem with NIS v21 since June. I spent hours on the phone with tech with them in control of my PC to correct the problem. After deleting umpteen files, clearing caches, history’s, temp files, etc, and being escalated to their “Case Managers’, the only option they could come up was deleting NIS and reinstalling. They did this and it did cure the problem. However, it was only a temporary fix. The problem returned and again the only fix was to delete and reinstall. By August, when the problem reappeared for the third time, I figured the best thing to do was just wait for v22 to come out. (v21.6 update also cleared the problem, but again only for a few days.) I still have about 180 days left on my NIS v21 and we all know what’s happening with upgrading to v22.
On 10/4 I chatted with tech support and asked very nicely that since they couldn’t fix my problem without an uninstall/reinstall, would they please let me upgrade to v22 with an extension of my subscription. I was told they’d give me a callback within 24-48 hours. After 110hrs, I finally got a callback. Again, they wanted to take control of my PC to see if they could fix the problem. I told them I was not interested in wasting another hour or two of my time. So I asked if they would upgrade me to v22 now with days remaining, I WOULD purchase the license before my current subscription expires. I advised them I am a Cox customer and they would provide me with the current version of McAfee Internet Security for free and if we couldn’t resolve my upgrade issue I’d just go that route and they’d lose a 20 year customer who has ALWAYS upgraded their subscription every year.
They started to hem and haw about their upgrade policy so I interrupted and said I wanted a simple YES or NO as to upgrading me. They again started to hem and haw so I hung up.
I just don’t get it. They seem not to care at all about alienating long time customers. And I figured since there was a problem with my v21, it would make sense to upgrade me to fix the problem rather than spend hours fiddling around again.
Any Norton people listening? I