Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Norton Mobile Security shows Important files as PUA in Android 8.1.0!
I have Norton Mobile Security 220.127.116.1199 in Motorola G5S Plus.
I update all the apps including Security Patch. Then Run Scan in Mobile Security.
Now I can see Notification in App Advisor as Unusual Behavior from 8 Apps (shows as PUA Potentially unwanted application).
Name of Apps are as:-
1. PacProcessor (Version 8.1.0)
2. Intent Filter Verification Service (Version 1.0)
3. Basic Daydreams (Version 8.1.0)
4. JavaTcmdHelper (Version 8.1.0)
5. LifetimeData (Version 1.0)
6. VpnDialogs (Version 8.1.0)
7. com.android.wallpaperbackup (Version 8.1.0)
8. System UI (Version 8.1.0)
Now question is
1. as user, what should I do about this warning as all these apps are Android's important Apps?
2. As App Advisor feature in Norton Mobile Security , I can click on 'Trust' for each app. But I want clarification about how Norton detect Android's Important apps as PUA?
3. As I search about PacProcessor & found link What is PacProcessor.apk ?
It indicates that, such apk is important. So get confuse about all the things.
1. Are all my 8 apps are infected or misbehaving really?
2. Is this warning false alarm or real one?
3. Is there any user who use same device with same configuration get same warning or I am the only one?
For reference I attached screenshots.
Please guide me.