• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton OnLineFamily will not allow browser to load any pages with new version installed. 2.6.0.52

The browser just tries to load a page, then times-out.  If I remove Family, it works fine.  Re-install Family, broken again.  Even if I turn off protection in my Norton control panel, it won't allow any web page to load.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton OnLineFamily will not allow browser to load any pages with new version installed. 2.6.0.52

The browser just tries to load a page, then times-out.  If I remove Family, it works fine.  Re-install Family, broken again.  Even if I turn off protection in my Norton control panel, it won't allow any web page to load.

Kudos0

Re: Norton OnLineFamily will not allow browser to load any pages with new version installed. 2.6.0.52

Hi jasonmilen,

If you can’t use internet at all, it could be a compatibility issue.  Please check the link below where shows the security products that the program is not compatible with.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&ssfromlink=true&docurl=20090508145137EN

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Thanks, but no go.  I don't have any of those products running on this PC.  I do have Norton Internet Security.  And keep in mind that it worked yesterday, before I upgraded to 2.6.0.5.

Thank you.

Kudos0

I just installed Norton Family on another computer, and the same thing happens; it will not load ANY page, on the approved list or not.  No message, it just sits there with the FireFox circle spinning. 

Are you working on this problem, Symantec?  I'll have to remove it until it's fixed.  The older version is on our other computer, and although it still works to block and allow my sites, if I add a new site to the allowed list, it won't let it thru, even after updating house rules.

Kudos0

Hi jasonmilen,

What version of Norton Internet Security do you have?  You probably have an older version.  Please upgrade Norton Internet Security to the latest, then the issue should be resolved.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.