How do you get rid of norton pop ups? For example, I don't want to use the toolbar and since I disabled it, I get a message about 5 times a day saying I should enable it from norton in a pop up. It is extremely annoying.
Me too. I've been getting this popup repeatedly for several days and have tried to stop it in my Chrome settings, to no avail. How can I make these annoying popups stop?
I don't want to click on stay protected. I don't want the norton toolbar.
try install Norton extension(s) + cycle browser + restart machine + then disable Norton browser extension(s).
Norton Security tool bar support is getting removed, so clicking on "Stay Protected" button from the above pop-up will take you to our Portal page which offers Norton Safe Web extension as a replacement.
Norton Safe Web extension supports similar features of the Legacy Norton Security tool bar extension on Chrome -
- Its a tool bar UI less extension, so it will not hinder with your web page layout
- It offers Search annotations on Google / Yahoo / Bing on Chrome browser
- Protects you from Malicious sites
- Protects you from Phishing/Fraudulent sites
- Any upcoming features will be added only to the Norton Safe Web extension
So to take advantage of the features Safe Web extension offers, please click on "Stay Protected" button -> Install Norton Safe Web extension from the portal page which is launched
...and when user does not want Norton popups
Add me to the list of very annoyed users... MANY of these pop-ups every day. I kill the pop-up and it comes right back. Have not found a setting that kills the pop-up.
It has to be pretty bad for me to take the trouble to post.
Come on Symantec... give us a break!
Sorry for the issue you are facing.
Your Legacy Norton Security tool bar on Chrome browser is getting replaced with a new Norton Safe Web extension.
This pop-up will guide take you to a Portal page which will share more information about new Norton Safe Web extension.
- Norton Safe Web is a new light weight extension which does not have a tool bar UI which hinders into the page content but it offers similar protection features which was available on legacy Norton Security tool bar.
1. So please click on "Stay Protected" button from the above pop-up which is shown from the tool bar UI
2. From the Portal page which is launched -> You will have more information about the extension
3. Please install the "Norton Safe Web" extension which is offered from the portal page
4. Once you install the Norton Safe Web extension, your legacy Chrome Security tool bar will be removed from your machine
Capitulated and the new extension is indeed less bothersome than the older legacy tool bar.
Would still like control over pop-ups and ability to silence them!
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 7 users online.