• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton removes needed .dll files in Avid Media Composer 8.7.2

Every time I try to install Avid Media Composer ver.8.7.2, Norton removes  5 or 6 of needed .dll files from the installation.

This is unacceptable and I cannot use Norton until I have a solution.

Anyone else have similar issues installing new programs?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton removes needed .dll files in Avid Media Composer 8.7.2

I am also having the same problem... I have to turn off Norton to install this software and before I run it the first time.. It worked once then Norton deleted it after a regular scan.. It take hours to get this software just right... Pro Tools (the music software by AVID) said this is also a known problem... we used to be able to tag DLLs that were safe in Norton, but I cannot find anything like that in the new version... and Norton does not ask before deleting.... I am VERY frustrated also... I sent a note to Norton..no response...I think it's time for McCafee even though its a slow behemoth. 

Kudos0

Hello

Please try sending the troublesome files to Virus Total and see the results. If its a clean program, then send to Norton as a False Positive.

www.virustotal.com

Please use this link if you think that a file is a false positive:
https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/
If there is a possibility that the file might be infected, please submit it to Symantec using this link:

https://submit.symantec.com/websubmit/retail.cgi?OpenDocument&src=submit

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I contacted Norton  Tech Support by phone, Sent them the ERROR messages and other files that would help them and within 2 days, the problem was solved. I believe that they adjusted the software  and rewrote code to recognize those .DLL files as " FRIENDLY" files. If you are still having this problem,  Update Norton, then  re-install Avid, you should be fine now. If not, just give them a call. They were quite helpful and responsive to my issue.

Good Luck,

Ed

Kudos0

Hello

Thanks for the Feedback. Glad also that Customer Support was able to help you and you got the files changed in the definitions so that they were friendly.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.