• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325

Is anyone having connectivity issues after installing Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325

This product was an upgrade from the former Norton WiFi Security.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325

Not on my Win 10 1803 laptop.

Have you restarted your computer since installing Secure VPN?

Does the VPN not connect, or are you having difficulty reaching some web site(s) with VPN enabled?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I'm having the same issue.  I'm on a Windows 10 HP laptop.  I've restarted more times than I can count and I've uninstalled/reinstalled twice.  All I get is the blue connecting screen but it never connects.  Why am I paying for something that is not working...

Kudos0

To both. Have you restarted your computer after installing Norton VPN? Not Shutdown and Startup again if you have Windows Fast Startup feature enabled.   If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Windows Fast Startup feature.. See more information here

Kudos0

Yes, I restarted. I don't like the Fast Startup feature.

Kudos0

Yarnover

When you start your computer, does Secure VPN just not connect at all? Are you able to choose another virtual location and try again? 

Kudos0

Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325

In reply to all that have commented:

The first time Norton Secure was downloaded it as done automatically (not the current Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325 - nothing that I did but probably did get a pop-up notification - it downloaded and I restarted as per notification), that first version I had little connectivity - always getting resolving host, resolving host.  I called Norton and they uninstalled the initial version and updated to the current Norton Secure VPN 1.7.0.325. 

I was still having connectivity issues.  I contacted my internet provider; they made an onsite visit and blame Norton. 

I boosted the RAM on my laptop plus my laptop service tech went over the laptop - not an issue. 

I called Norton again.  Norton advanced my case to level 2 support.  They are saying that the resolving host issue is the internet provider not the fault of VPN program.  Norton tested connectivity with and without VPN and are insisting that it is the internet provider.  I have done speed tests with 3 reliable sources.  My mbps are very low with the VPN on and are better with the VPN off. 

That said, I have called my internet provider they did a factory reset on my modem, which has not helped.  A home service visit on the 30th they will try to diagnose and replace the modem for sure.  I have a new desktop computer being installed before then.

Kudos0

Norton tested connectivity with and without VPN and are insisting that it is the internet provider.  I have done speed tests with 3 reliable sources.  My mbps are very low with the VPN on and are better with the VPN off. 

So are you able to connect to the VPN now? 

What kind of speeds are you seeing with and without the VPN? There is always going to be some degradation due to the overhead of encrypting and decrypting your data as it leaves and returns to your computer.

Kudos0

It will connect maybe once out of every 6 or 7 restarts.  I've tried changing to Canada and trying again but it still doesn't work.

Kudos0

To both.   What DNS settings are you using on your computers or router? As a test, try using the 1.1.1.1Cloudflare DNS settings by following the instructions on this page.   Scroll down for the setup instructions.    https://1.1.1.1/