• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security 2015?

When does Norton Security 2015 final release?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 2015?

Hi ScottLaRock:

Welcome to the Norton forum.

According to the CNet article here the tentative release date for Norton Security v. 22.x (2015) is 23-Sept-2014 but I haven't seen any official release from Symantec confirming this.

-------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 31.0 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.5.0.28
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Kudos0

lmacri wrote:

Hi ScottLaRock:

Welcome to the Norton forum.

According to the CNet article here the tentative release date for Norton Security v. 22.x (2015) is 23-Sept-2014 but I haven't seen any official release from Symantec confirming this.

-------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 31.0 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.5.0.28
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

They should name it Norton 2016 they gonna release 2015 products so late. Everyone released they 2015 products long time ago!

Kudos0

Norton no longer uses the year to define their products. They only use the version number. The current version is V21 and the next version which is in Beta and should be released on Sept 23 is v22.

Jim

Kudos0

Jim you are corre4ct but......food for thought - do we really know if it will be V22? Perhaps NS (V 1) as it is a brand new product???

Sorry for the interruption!
Kudos0

The Beta is v22 so I assume it will be released that way. But I gave up years ago tying to understand Norton.

Jim

Kudos0

PhoneMan wrote:

Norton no longer uses the year to define their products. They only use the version number. The current version is V21 and the next version which is in Beta and should be released on Sept 23 is v22.

Jim

Who gives a $%@... you know what I meant, don't you.. it's a 2015 version, call it whatever you want mate... 

[quote]I gave up years ago tying to understand Norton[/quote]

Yeah me too.. lol.. :P

Kudos1 Stats

I don't think we should regard Sept 23rd, as a date set in stone. I hope Symantec takes its time to release a product that's not going to give users a whole new raft of problems.

If your current version is working well, and most are despite plenty of problems for some users, It might be best to wait a while before updating to V 22.

Have a look at the beta forum, before you decide.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Security-Norton-Security/bd-p/norton2015PB

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos1 Stats

ScottLaRock wrote:

PhoneMan wrote:

Jim

Who gives a $%@... you know what I meant, don't you.. it's a 2015 version, call it whatever you want mate... 

[quote]I gave up years ago tying to understand Norton[/quote]

Yeah me too.. lol.. :P

So what if it is a 2015 version it is being released in 2014. So whats the problem.

Jim

Kudos0

20th
Kudos0

Hello

We don't have an official date for the product to be released. Since it is still in beta testing, anything can still be changed before it is released including the version number. It will be what ever it will be although future updates of the product can change anything. So please be patient and wait for the release to come out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.