• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security 2016 beta-When?

When Symantec plans to release a beta version of the new NS 2016 security suite? Can be released as a beta version, it will be available on this board? Is my product key will work in the beta?

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Security 2016 beta-When?

Hello SKIBA

There is no announced date yet, but it should be soon I would imagine. When the Beta does come out, there will be another section of the Forum where the other Beta programs take place. The Beta for Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup will have a Beta Forum further down when you look at the list of different Forums here. Your product key from Norton Security or from Norton Security with Backup will not work for the Beta. Instructions will be given out when the Beta does open. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

floplot:

Hello SKIBA

There is no announced date yet, but it should be soon I would imagine. When the Beta does come out, there will be another section of the Forum where the other Beta programs take place. The Beta for Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup will have a Beta Forum further down when you look at the list of different Forums here. Your product key from Norton Security or from Norton Security with Backup will not work for the Beta. Instructions will be given out when the Beta does open. Thanks.

It is unfortunate that the current NS 2015 key will not work in the beta. But thanks for the reply. 

Kudos2 Stats

Beta testing is free and once you apply you will be sent a beta test key, at least that is how things have worked previously.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Krusty13:

Beta testing is free and once you apply you will be sent a beta test key, at least that is how things have worked previously.

Tell me how I can get the key to the beta? There has never tested the beta version of Norton Internet Security, so I do not know. And how much time it is important that key? Thanks.

Kudos3 Stats

http://us.norton.com/beta/

When a new beta cycle starts (there are currently none), instructions (like obtaining a key) will be provided via the website.

Cheers!
John

Kudos4 Stats

SKIBA,

FWIW - Beta testing cautions abound - never use your everyday system to do the testing - IMHO with all the questions being asked, please be sure to read all the cautions regarding BETA testing - it is not intended for everyone.

Kudos0

Norton Security 2015 in its current avatar v22.1 resembles a beta / unfinished product very closely!
Kudos0

Is now available beta of Norton Security 2016. Why only US users can test a new application? That's unfair.   When the beta will be available in Poland?

Kudos0

Beta available everywhere, not just in US, here is the link...

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/join-norton-security-225-beta-tes...

But this is NS 2015, not 2016, because version is 22, NS 2016 will have version 23. 

NS 2016 v23 Beta will be available i think in june like last year with beta 2015

Kudos0

I think that beta testing for USA only is for the new Windows 10 compatibility with Norton, not the new 2016 version, I may be wrong but.

Kudos0

I'm not in the USA and have downloaded the beta.

I'm in Australia if it matters.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

But Symantec does not want testers outside US?

Currently, testing is only available for people in the United States of America

I have received a personal invitation by e-mail, but with the statement above, I am not sure what they really want.

I am running W7, but the statement tells:

..we also want to make sure that this update is compatible with all supported operating systems (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 preview).

NS Deluxe / NS Online - Win10 // NMS on Android phones.
Kudos0

Not a Beta tester, but I believe the version being Beta tested is 22.5

Kudos0

Hello

Here is Tony Weiss's announcement about the version 22.5 Beta testing.

Testing for Windows 10 compatibility has begun! Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup version 22.5 have been released as a BETA, and are available at the Norton Beta Center. Currently, testing is only available for people in the United States of America. Our goal with this test is to find and resolve all compatibility issues that might exist with running Norton Security on Windows 10 Preview. However, we also want to make sure that this update is compatible with all supported operating systems (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 preview). So if you'd like to test the beta, and are running any of the supported Operating Systems, we'd love to get your feedback on our Norton Security Win10 compatibility board.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

but the link shows the current beta is 2016 http://us.norton.com/beta/overview/ns2016-beta
Kudos0

Hello

Well, I see only 1 Beta listed in the Forum. If there is one for NS 2016 which would be version 23, it hasn't started yet.

Kudos0

Flo

If you go to the link Centaurus gave, it does show   ns2016beta  on the address line.

Are we all confused now?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello Peter

I noticed that also. Even so, the Forum for that Beta isn't up yet. Perhaps they are getting ready for some future Beta. I looked at the System Requirements. They don't have Win 7 Pro listed where they list all the versions of Win 7.

Kudos0

floplot:

They don't have Win 7 Pro listed where they list all the versions of Win 7.

It's a bad habit Symantec has. For NS they still declare:

Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later

Don't worry, v22 works with Win 7 Pro. So did v21.

Kudos0

Hello

I know it does. I'm using Norton Security with my Win 7 pro 64bit.

Kudos0

Hi floplot,

Yes, I know YOU know. But do you know why Symantec consequently omit the Pro version? This creates uncertainty; I remember there were posts here with the question “what about W7 Pro” when v22 was released.

My previous post was meant to be a “kick” to Symantec. Be accurate in your announcements.

Kudos0

Artem:

But this is NS 2015, not 2016, because version is 22, NS 2016 will have version 23. 

Error. Because, versions of product - it isn't years, it is internal numbers (builds). And in 2015(Q4)-2016 we can see 22.5 or 23 version, in 2016(Q4)-2017 - 22.12 or 23, 24.... version etc.

Kudos0

Hello

Since the Beta 22.5 is going on now, I would think that will be the next major version to come out. I would guess that there could be versions 22.3 and 22.4 versions coming out before the 22.5. The Beta that is going on now, I would think, won't come out of Beta until after Windows 10 is released. When ever that may be.

Kudos0

CorvusCorax47, I know that versions of product - it isn't years, anyway always new products everytime have new number...

Norton internet Secutrity v18 - (its version of 2011)

Norton internet Secutrity v19 - (its version of 2012)

Norton internet Secutrity v20 - (its version of 2013) 

Norton internet Secutrity v21 - (its version of 2014)

Norton Secutrity v22 - (its version of 2015)

it means 

Norton Secutrity 2016 must have version 23.0

Kudos0

But it is not fact (logical) and release's history can't speak about next version exactly, it help assume about next version of Norton, not more. 

Kudos0

Ok

Kudos0

Any news for NS 23.0 beta or final ? who know anyting ?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.