• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Is Norton Security 22.5.2.15 really compatible with Windows 10?

I had Norton Security on Windows 8.1, I never had any issue. I clean installed Windows 10 64-bit. The first thing I installed on Windows 10 was Norton Security 22.5.2.15. I was having issues at Start, Restart and Shutdown. Windows was getting stuck on all of these options. I uninstalled Norton Security completely. I restarted the computer. Then I tried all three options, Start, Restart and Shutdown, there was no delay or issue whatsoever. Windows is not getting stuck now.

Labels: Windows 10

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Is Norton Security 22.5.2.15 really compatible with Windows 10?

I installed Norton Security again. The issues returned.

Kudos0

Now, I have completely uninstalled Norton. I have installed a trial version of AVG Internet Security instead. Windows 10 is now running very smoothly. No delays when starting, restarting, or shutting down the PC. I can't believe Norton released such a terrible build, telling everyone that it is compatible with Windows 10. Looks like it is time to say goodbye to Norton.

Kudos0

NIS is compatabile with Windows 10 partly. BUT not during the upgrade phase. For me atleast it prevented a stable desktop. ( start menu / cortana / explorer.exe did a not-stop crashing/ restart ). Removed NIS , upgraded to Win10 and re-installed NIS and now no problems anymore.

Was already trying for some time to find out what is preventing me to complete the upgrade. Only in safe mode the desktop was stable. Help on microsoft forum was without any luck. Until i stumbled on article where multi people had fixed the problem with removing NIS with success. For me it worked too.

Kudos0

I had Norton Security on Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 and it is running slick and without any problems. However, I am using version 22.5.2.15 and Windows 10 needs its fixes but now when I attempt the Windows update it stops and gives me an error 0x800705b4. I find this is related to Windows Defender which is disabled. So the conundrum is whether to uninstall Norton and enable Defender to check if it is a remedy to receive updates. Help and thanks!

Kudos0

Well, I am sorry and will try to be patient with this new system. Today my Windows 10 says my updates are current! Cheers!

Kudos0

hi Maxon

The error code you have seems to be more related to when users want to turn on Windows Defender, so it would seem that turning WD on/off manually may stop the problem.

Unfortunately it is difficult to do anything with WD when another AV product is installed, there may be things you can do behind the scenes but even turning off all protection by Norton does not allow the settings to be changed in WD.

I found a short time ago that there was a problem with an update relating to WD, I think when using Windows 8.1, which perhaps is relevant. Before Norton was installed obviously WD is active then becomes disabled/turn off when another AV is installed. Windows update wanted to download new virus definitions for WD which were not applied as Norton had been installed.

In the end I temporarily uninstalled Norton allowed the update then reinstalled Norton when all was then fine.

Michael

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.