• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security 22.5.4.24 -- gray taskbar icon?

I'm sure this isn't an issue; but what's up with the "gray taskbar icon" in Norton Security 22.5.4.24?  I'm abso-posi-lutely sure it was a *yellow* icon before the last update.  (The answer to this may lie elsewhere on this Forum; but I couldn't find that answer.)  Does anyone know how and/or why that happened??  Or has my Norton Security gone and went HAL-9000 on me??    Thanks!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 22.5.4.24 -- gray taskbar icon?

Mine goes gray for Silent Mode...
right click tray Icon > Turn on Silent Mode

Kudos0

Hello Saganized

You can try  changing Boot Time Protection to Aggressive to see if having it load up earlier will alter the color of the icon. Trying another restart can probably fix the problem also.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Yeah it's just silent mode, it turns on whenever you have a fullscreen application or 3d application running, for example a game.

It does this so it doesn't do updates or intensive scans in the background when you play applications like games so it doesnt effect the performance of the application you're running.

But don't worry the firewall is still active and will still be actively protecting your computer against threats.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.