• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security 22.5.5.14 Red X or not loading

A few times now either a) upon startup the Norton systray icon has a red X and will not open b) the systray icon doesn't load at all c) at first the systray icon shows red and turns to a green check.

Norton Security 22.5.5.14 (yes I know it was pulled back)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 22.5.5.14 Red X or not loading

SGFC,

Have you tried setting Boot Time Protection to Aggressive?

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I've had it set to "normal" for a long time.

The issues mentioned above are random. Usually restarting fixes it. I don't know if these issues are known about or caused by the security and maintenance issue.

Kudos0

Hi, SGFC. Try Krusty's suggestion, as it ensures Norton loads before anything else.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Hi SGFC, You can also try to update your computer's display driver. This also affects Norton Interface.
Kudos0

This is still happening. Today I turned on my computer and the desktop loaded at first there was a red X on the Norton system tray icon. Then after a few seconds it turned to a green check mark. This never happened before. I've always had Boot Time Protection set to Normal. I'm not sure what changed is it Windows 10 build 10586 or has something in Norton changed. I'd go with it being caused by Windows. I don't think aggressive is necessary. This wasn't an issue in build 10240.

Kudos0

I uninstalled Norton Security from the control panel, ran NRT and re-installed Norton Security. That fixed the issue without setting anything to aggressive.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.